E=MC 2
Guess where I am. No, go ahead and guess. . . I'm at my new job at EMC. Right now I'm doing data entry, but next week they're starting me on customer service and reasearch. Basically, EMC has this website that's only for exisiting customers. When someone makes an email request to gain access to that website I get to verify by checking my databases and whatnot that they actually are a customer. And for this they pay me $16.50 an hour. Can we say woo hoo?
I'm on my lunch break now. The one bad thing about this job - they make you work 8-5 with an hour lunch. That means if I could just skip lunch like I used to do at Bose I could be out of here at 4 and miss the rush hour traffic. But I think I'm getting used to the forced lunch break. I got to eat an actual lunch today, that I packed myself, thankyouverymuch. And I read some of my Star Trek book. I called John for a bit and chatted with him. He said he bought me something. I have no idea what.
John said Pixel and Amelie have been chasing each other around and being all cute. I'm glad they're getting along for the most part. It's about time. Amelie still gets scared of Pix when she jumps too much though.
We had a noise complaint on Sunday. The nerve of these people. They run up and down the hallways screaming at their children (swearing, mind you), slamming doors, playing music at 1 a.m., etc. But our dog and bird have two incidents of a whining competition and all of a sudden we're public enemy number one. I wouldn't mind so much if this were an apartment building. But it's a condo that we bought and paid more than it's worth. The problem is, not everyone in the building owns. Some people do rent. So you've got the ones that don't care about their neighbors, don't care about the building, and don't care how their actions affect the rest of us at all. The guy that complained was probably one of them.
Bad news is if the condo association gets an official complaint they can order us to get rid of Pixel. Yea, I don't think so. You'll have to arrest me first. But we'll deal with that if and when it happens. I doubt it will because she's been much quieter these past couple days.
So, that's my new job and an introduction to my horrid neighbors. Hope you all enjoyed.
I'm on my lunch break now. The one bad thing about this job - they make you work 8-5 with an hour lunch. That means if I could just skip lunch like I used to do at Bose I could be out of here at 4 and miss the rush hour traffic. But I think I'm getting used to the forced lunch break. I got to eat an actual lunch today, that I packed myself, thankyouverymuch. And I read some of my Star Trek book. I called John for a bit and chatted with him. He said he bought me something. I have no idea what.
John said Pixel and Amelie have been chasing each other around and being all cute. I'm glad they're getting along for the most part. It's about time. Amelie still gets scared of Pix when she jumps too much though.
We had a noise complaint on Sunday. The nerve of these people. They run up and down the hallways screaming at their children (swearing, mind you), slamming doors, playing music at 1 a.m., etc. But our dog and bird have two incidents of a whining competition and all of a sudden we're public enemy number one. I wouldn't mind so much if this were an apartment building. But it's a condo that we bought and paid more than it's worth. The problem is, not everyone in the building owns. Some people do rent. So you've got the ones that don't care about their neighbors, don't care about the building, and don't care how their actions affect the rest of us at all. The guy that complained was probably one of them.
Bad news is if the condo association gets an official complaint they can order us to get rid of Pixel. Yea, I don't think so. You'll have to arrest me first. But we'll deal with that if and when it happens. I doubt it will because she's been much quieter these past couple days.
So, that's my new job and an introduction to my horrid neighbors. Hope you all enjoyed.
Comments