Blue skies, smiling at me
Nothing but blue skies, do I see. . . .
(This is an entry I did on Friday, but blogger wouldn't load it.)
It is gorgeous out. Spring is finally here. And with it comes allergies. But oh well. Spring has sprung. Until Sunday. A co-worker told me it may snow. That's New England for ya.
But it's Friday and I get to go home soon. John's home already waiting for me and playing Knights of the Old Republic. I wonder what we'll do tonight. Probably watch a movie. I'm pretty tired.
I'm feeling a bit better. My voice still sounds awful and I'm stuffed up with a bit of a feverish feeling. But my throat stopped hurting, which is the best part, and I'm starting to feel a bit less out of it.
Something kind of cool happened at work today. I posted it on my 501st forum so I'll save myself the trouble and just copy and paste:
*******
I was just sitting in my cubicle chatting with one of the ladies I work with. Our boss meandered by and stopped in to say hi. John had bought me the first three Dragonlance books for Christmas and I'm reading the third one now. So my boss saw it and asked if I ever read any adventure stories. I said sure that I read a lot of stuff, etc. etc.Then he goes, "Ever hear of an author named Bob Salvatore? I used to work with him at EMC Hopkinton."
I said I'd heard of an R.A. Salvatore because he had written some Star Wars books. He says, "Yea, that's him. I just went to visit him when he did a book signing at B&N in Leominster." He went on to say that Bob could always be found at work hunched over his keyboard working on stories.
Life is pretty random but I thought that was really cool.My boss and co-worker saw me geek out for a moment but I recovered quickly.
And in case the name isn't ringing any bells (though I can't imagine that happening with this group) R.A. Salvatore kicked off the New Jedi Order series with Vector Prime (those dang expanded universe fans) and also wrote AOTC. Very neat. Small world.
*******
The "this group" mentioned above is the 501st geeks. If they don't know who Salvatore is I'll be surprised. The rest of you are forgiven, however.
Well, I'm leaving shortly and I'm off to write an email to my friend Chante before I go. I've been neglecting her lately. Easy enough to do when she lives in Texas. : )
Comments