The Waiting Game

I’m kind of frustrated right now. I’m sitting here at work and I have today, tomorrow, and Friday left before my vacation begins. The week is going by really quick when I think about it in terms of having to get on a plane when this week ends. But it’s going by slowly day to day when I’m just sitting here waiting to go home.

Why is it that in life we are always waiting? Ever since I was little I’ve been waiting to grow up, graduate eighth grade, then graduate high school. On to college (I never made it past the second half of my third year). Then when you actually are an adult it’s time to wait for other things – getting married, buying a home, having kids, finding the right job, getting a raise, vacation time. . .yadda yadda yadda.

I know that through the rest of this week I will wait for it to end. Today I wait to get out of here so that John and I can go to Sarah and Paul's and have some fun. Tomorrow I will wait to get out of work because I have to go to H&R and get my taxes done. For this year and last because Ray never filed them. That'll be fun. Once it is Friday at 5:00 I am out of here and it’s time to start my vacation. Then I will wait for Saturday morning so that Val can dye my hair red (the things I’ll do to look like Mara Jade). After that it’s on to waiting for the afternoon to hurry up and get there so that John will come home from work and we can get ready (for the first time) to have both my parents over when both John and I are home.

Sunday will just be a day of relaxation (I hope) and waiting for Tuesday, which is when Ray will pick up Amelie after work. He’s cat-sitting her while John and I are away. I’m waiting for that because I hope it goes well. It will only be the second time Ray sees John and I don’t want any awkwardness and such.

Tuesday night leads into Wednesday morning when we will take Pixel over to John and Val’s and take Gunther and Button over to Deanna’s to be bird-sat. then it’s a few more hours of waiting for the limo van to arrive and pick us up for the airport. We have so much gear we had to get a van.

And then comes the worst waiting of all – sitting in the airport. Yes, sitting in the airport where all you can think about (if you’re paranoid like me) is all the horrible things that can go wrong on your flight. And the fact that you even have to get on a plane. I’m getting antsy just thinking about it.

Once I get on the plane it’s time to wait for it to land.
And after that? After that is pure fun. But I have to go through all that waiting to get to it.


Incidentally, I tried to put a countdown clock to CIII and one to Revenge of the Sith on my blog here but I can’t find any good ones. Anyone have some easy to edit suggestions?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROTS Review - it's not all puppy dogs and ice cream

Update from the road

Great Questions from my Favorite Movie Reviewer