Ode to a Guy in Black Armor

Today is the day folks. Well, for me anyway. Last night was the “day” for some of you I’m sure. But I don’t want to hear about it because I’m an adult and therefore had to go to work this morning and therefore could not see the midnight showing of Star Wars last night.

Lucas finally wraps up his epic in, hopefully, the best way possible in Revenge of the Sith. Return of the Jedi was originally going to be Revenge of the Jedi, but someone pointed out to Lucas that Jedi wouldn’t seek Revenge. And also, since all his films are PG, “Revenge” was a bit too strong.

If I see one child under thirteen in that theater tonight I will be so disappointed. It’s a 7:00 show so hopefully that will weed out some of the kiddies. It’s not that I dislike children. It’s that I dislike badly behaved children. And unfortunately nowadays most people’s kids are poorly behaved.

(I know everyone says it, but I swear to you all right now that my kids will not get away with half the crap you see people letting their kids do. Yelling in theaters, screaming in restaurants, hitting their parents, being mean to animals, etc. Not gonna happen. Sorry. I will NOT be having three kids just like me as my mother wished on me one day when she was particularly angry.)

So, anyway – seven hours, twenty-six minutes and eight seconds until I get to leave work. I’m leaving at 4:30. Sarah is meeting me here. She’s coming straight to EMC from her work in Framingham. She used to work at EMC so that’s not hard to find. Then we are heading over to the theater to stand in line. We bought our tickets already and the show isn’t until 7:00, but the lady at the theater suggested getting there two hours early so five o’clock it is.

I am so excited. I want GL to redeem himself through ROTS. TPM and AOTC were not that great. TPM he was just so excited he could have computer animated characters that he didn’t worry about the ACTING. And then in AOTC it got a bit better, but I don’t believe Hayden Christensen can act so. . .

I heard he actually learned how to act for this one though so there may be hope yet.

I don’t have any work to do right now, which is making my day go by even more slowly. But none of us have anything to do thanks to one particular person in our group so at least I don’t look like the retard.

Seven hours, twenty three minutes, and eleven seconds!!!!!

Comments

Smithee said…
Hi. Found my way here from Noel Burke's blog. I was going to ask which items in the puzzle you had found, but then I read your Star Wars post. I am so excited about getting to see this movie today!!!!!! I feel just like you as far as TPM and AOTC. Everything I've heard about this movie is good, though, so I'm VERY hopeful. I have the "Making of" book and the pictures I've seen look awesome. I'm actually giddy (who came up with that word, btw?)over the prospect of seeing Chewie again. I'm going to see it this afternoon, when I'm hoping kids will still be in school, so it won't be too noisy. Have fun tonight!

And let me know if you're still working on the puzzle from Noel's blog.

Sonja

Popular posts from this blog

ROTS Review - it's not all puppy dogs and ice cream

Update from the road

Great Questions from my Favorite Movie Reviewer