Vacation and Church (not in that order)

I'm so excited! Let me start at the beginning.

Yesterday morning John and I got up and went to early mass at his church. Father Kevin did it this time. He's John's age. The other priest, Father Mike, is older. I liked Father Kevin. He seems pretty nice. And he looks EXACTLY like Mark Green from ER. Anyway, I sat there quietly through the whole thing. I don't say "amen" because I was taught that when you say that it means you're in full agreement with the prayer that was just offered and since JWs pray in a different way (ours aren't rehearsed and recited together. They're done by one person and they're all individual unique prayers) I don't say "amen". But I still listened and sang along for the most part.

Then we filed out and waited until Kevin was not talking to others before we went up to say hi. He seemed to be waiting for us to say something besides the chatting. Maybe it was because I looked so obviously out of place. No one really dresses up for church anymore, but I dressed as if I was going to the Kingdom Hall because I think it's disrespectful to do otherwise. And when he shook my hand and asked me how I was I said "good, thanks" in a really odd voice because I always feel awkward around priests. I was going to tell him I wasn't Catholic, but thought that might make John uncomfortable or be rude in some way so John and I just went on our way.

We went over to his parents' house where they were expecting us for breakfast. That was nice. Valerie let us look through her time share book and we found a couple places in Maine that were near where my family's houses are. But unfortunately she called and they were all booked up. So John gave me permisssion while he was at work (he worked until 8 last night; it sucked) to research some cheap hotels in the area.

I spent about two hours online and on the phone. Then I compiled all my info and arranged the hotels by price and amenities. I'm very organized. : ) Then I called John with the best one and he let me book it. It's the Midway Motel and my mom rented a room for Sarah and I there once back in the day when company wasn't allowed at the blue house. We managed to get a two bedroom suite with a kitchen for a really reasonable rate. We're going from July 30th to August 2nd and I'm so excited. Now we have to find someone to watch the pets.

The best part is, Sarah and Paul said they can go with us. Plus they'll be helping out with the costs, which rocks because money is tight right now. But Maine! I can't wait to go back to Maine. It's not exactly the same as being at the blue house, but it's right down the street so it's close. Same familiar sites to see and I can't wait.

I spent the rest of my day looking at wedding stuff - rings, dresses, ceremonies, and such. When John got home we had frozen pizza (unfrozen, obviously) and watched the newest episode of Into the West before going to bed and falling to sleep right away. I'm so tired still and it's only Monday. I'm in for a world of suckiness this week if this is how it's starting. . . But at least we're going to Maine!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROTS Review - it's not all puppy dogs and ice cream

Update from the road

Great Questions from my Favorite Movie Reviewer