Andrew WHO?
Last week I got a voicemail on my cell while I was at work. It was from this woman. She left her name, but with her smoker's voice I couldn't understand what she was saying. I called her back (she left her number) from the foyer at work and talked to her for a minute. She said, "I believe you know my husband, Andrew." Uhhhh, I believe YOU'RE a psycho. But anyway. I told her I knew maybe one Andrew and there was no way I was talking to him on my cell phone for thirteen minutes tons of times like she was saying. She said my cell number showed up on her phone bill. Yea. . .
But what she failed to mention, until I had to actually ask her about it, was that all the calls were from last year. Well, I've only had this number since the beginning of the year. So I told her that and I said all I could tell her was that for a little while I was getting calls for a girl with some typical name (Emily? Laura?) from UPS saying she had an outstanding bill with them. Hm, maybe that's why she changed her number. Anyway I told the woman this and she seemed to accept it and I hung up and went back to work.
I would not be writing about this at 7:11 a.m. on a Saturday morning when I SHOULD be sleeping unless there was more to it, obviously. John left for work this morning at about quarter of five for work. I was dead to the world of course and barely said goodbye to him. 4:53 a.m. my cell phone rings. I picked it up and it was that woman!!!
She gives me the same spiel over again and since I had just woken up I had a pretty hard time figuring out why she was telling me this again. I said, "So why are you calling me?" And she repeats the question, "How do you know my husband?"
I was like, "Look, I don't know any Andrews and I have never talked to anyone there. And I was sleeping. It's five o'clock in the morning!"
She said that there was a call to me for 13 minutes on August 3rd. I was like, "THIS year??" since she hadn't volunteered the "last year" info last time. She said that it was this year. I just said I couldn't help her and that she had woken me up. She's just like, "Okay, fine." and hangs up.
So that was a lovely start to my morning. At about six o'clock I got up and called 411 to see if I could get an address to go with the number the woman had given me. They said since it was restricted they couldn't give that to me. So I called Verizon support (my cell carrier) and told the woman my retarded story. She was very sympathetic. All she could tell me, though, was that the number I had is a land line and it's in Winchendon, MA. I don't know ANYone from there. I don't even know where it is. So she said all I can do is call the woman back and say that the number she gave me doesn't show up on my bill OR I can call the cops and report being harrassed.
I have no idea what is going on with this. I obviously have not been talking to this guy for over a year. I don't even know who he is. So how did his wife get my number? This is very puzzling. Maybe I'll have John call her back when he gets home from work and tell her to knock it off. Just goes to show that people are getting to be more and more psychotic as time goes on. Why doesn't she just ask her husband?? Idiot.
But what she failed to mention, until I had to actually ask her about it, was that all the calls were from last year. Well, I've only had this number since the beginning of the year. So I told her that and I said all I could tell her was that for a little while I was getting calls for a girl with some typical name (Emily? Laura?) from UPS saying she had an outstanding bill with them. Hm, maybe that's why she changed her number. Anyway I told the woman this and she seemed to accept it and I hung up and went back to work.
I would not be writing about this at 7:11 a.m. on a Saturday morning when I SHOULD be sleeping unless there was more to it, obviously. John left for work this morning at about quarter of five for work. I was dead to the world of course and barely said goodbye to him. 4:53 a.m. my cell phone rings. I picked it up and it was that woman!!!
She gives me the same spiel over again and since I had just woken up I had a pretty hard time figuring out why she was telling me this again. I said, "So why are you calling me?" And she repeats the question, "How do you know my husband?"
I was like, "Look, I don't know any Andrews and I have never talked to anyone there. And I was sleeping. It's five o'clock in the morning!"
She said that there was a call to me for 13 minutes on August 3rd. I was like, "THIS year??" since she hadn't volunteered the "last year" info last time. She said that it was this year. I just said I couldn't help her and that she had woken me up. She's just like, "Okay, fine." and hangs up.
So that was a lovely start to my morning. At about six o'clock I got up and called 411 to see if I could get an address to go with the number the woman had given me. They said since it was restricted they couldn't give that to me. So I called Verizon support (my cell carrier) and told the woman my retarded story. She was very sympathetic. All she could tell me, though, was that the number I had is a land line and it's in Winchendon, MA. I don't know ANYone from there. I don't even know where it is. So she said all I can do is call the woman back and say that the number she gave me doesn't show up on my bill OR I can call the cops and report being harrassed.
I have no idea what is going on with this. I obviously have not been talking to this guy for over a year. I don't even know who he is. So how did his wife get my number? This is very puzzling. Maybe I'll have John call her back when he gets home from work and tell her to knock it off. Just goes to show that people are getting to be more and more psychotic as time goes on. Why doesn't she just ask her husband?? Idiot.
Comments