K-Billy's Super Sounds of the 70's

Well, I don't know why I came here tonight
I got the feeling something ain't right
I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair
And I'm wondering if I'll get down the stairs

Clowns to the left of me,
jokers to the right
Here I am,
Stuck in the middle with you

I went to the meeting with John last night. We went Tuesday too. Last night a brother came over and chatted with John for a few minutes and then he says to him, “Oh, is this your wife?” John said that no, I was his girlfriend. So I introduced myself and said I was DFd and you know what he said? He said that it would be really nice to talk to me again when I was reinstated. No one’s ever said that to me. They usually freak out and run.

In the middle of the meeting when the brother who runs the literature counter was running mics he stopped by our row to ask if we wanted to stock up on magazines again. Last time I was there he gave me a ton of them. so I told him which date I was caught up to and at the closing song he went and got them all for me so that I wouldn’t have to wade through the crowd to get over there. Awesome! I’m so studying my watchtower tomorrow. Even though I can’t answer it’s still good to know the information.

We’re studying a complicated book at the book study. John enjoyed a lot of it I think. I definitely want to study that beforehand because it can get really confusing. It’s really interesting though.

I don’t think John likes that Witnesses have such a different view than Catholics at times. They pointed out in a demonstration last night that we don’t have crucifixes and all that at our kingdom halls and such. And we definitely feel that this world can’t survive much longer before God intervenes and does something about it (i.e. Armageddon). But I’m just glad he goes with me. If he stays a Catholic the rest of his life that’s fine with me. I just don’t want the person I’m married to fighting me on going to meetings. That wouldn’t really be conducive to a good relationship.

I know someone who hasn’t been disfellowshipped all that long – maybe three months – and he just put his letter for reinstatement in. they told him to wait maybe one more month. That’s so encouraging because once John and I are married if I keep going to meetings regularly it could be as little as four months until I can get reinstated. That would be really great. I feel like I’m missing out on so much right now. I have friends who are pregnant and I won’t be around when their kids are newborns plus I have other friends who are in serious relationships and I’d really like to be able to go to their weddings. These are the non-religious reasons of course. The other stuff is just obvious.

It’s Friday and that means casual Friday at work. I’m wearing my new NEG “got ahmah?” shirt that I’m sure no one will notice anyway but it makes me feel special so who cares.

Today is Katie’s funeral. I wish we could have gone, but flying to NC just isn’t feasible.

Comments

Riccardo Spagni said…
Our two-day circuit assembly was this weekend, and at the elder's meeting after the first day they mentioned a new thought to the elders. Apparently the son of a presiding overseer was reinstated after SIX WEEKS, which is INSANE! So they just reiterated that a longer period of time might be needed, although technically there is no minimum period. An unspoken recommended minimum is six months, though. Don't get your hopes up for four months, remember that in the eyes of the elder's you have REFUSED to correct your life course for a long, long time. They need to come to terms with the fact that you HAVE changed. I'm not trying to discourage you, all I'm saying is that you shouldn't run on a timeline. You should just take things as they come, and when you TRULY feel the way David did about the hurt we have cause Jehovah...then you can apply for reinstatement. And we HAVE hurt him...you can't turn reinstatement into an academic game or a waiting period:)
Jade said…
Too bad they'll see it as a refusal. I see it as bad circumstances.

Anyway, I'm not putting an exact timeline on it, but I'm not going to wait for years and years either.
Riccardo Spagni said…
Agreed. Just take comfort in this: every time you write a letter, they have to listen to you. If they think there are certain things you can do to correct you current path, they'll tell you, so don't stress!

Popular posts from this blog

ROTS Review - it's not all puppy dogs and ice cream

Update from the road

Great Questions from my Favorite Movie Reviewer