Maine Review

Wow, I’ve been away from my blog for over a week! How did I stand the withdrawals??

Vacation was great. We went to ManRay on Friday with Jodi and Brian to kick it off. It wasn’t as uncomfortable as I imagined it would be. it just got really hot and really crowded in there so we didn’t stay until the end. They had this strip type show that wasn’t good. It was actually kind of boring. But other than that John and I had fun chatting with everyone and doing some serious people watching.

Saturday I actually got up before John and did some cleaning before we had to leave for Maine. We got up there around 2 p.m. and waited for Sarah and Paul to arrive after she got out of work. they didn’t get there that much later than us. We went to eat at Billy’s Chowder House. Yummy! I love that place! During the few days we also went on a two hour trolley ride (got on the wrong trolley) got candy at Perkin’s Cove Candies, went to the beach (Paul and I went boogey boarding. So much fun.), played blackjack and spit, ate at the Maine Diner, and had time to just relax and take walks and watch TV. Paul left on Monday so Monday night we had lobstah with my mom at the Blue House. I wish we could have stayed there. Maybe next year.

We got back on Tuesday and on Wednesday I made an appointment for Pixel to get groomed and John had a dentist appointment. Oh my god – they practically shaved Pixel!!! She used to look like the papillon part of her, but with crimped hair. Now she looks just like a poodle! But she’s the cutest poodle I’ve ever seen, I have to admit. We took her to Val and John’s after the dentist appointment and they thought she was adorable.

Thursday I had my echocardiogram. Not fun. They did an ultrasound of my heart. Thank god I got to bring John in with me. I hate any type of exam where you have to take your bra and stuff off and put on a gown. Ugh. And my god! I think my chest is still bruised from that thing. The guy said it might be a little sore. Yea. . . a little. . . right. But the good news is he said there wasn’t anything terribly unusual and I probably won’t have to be pre-medicated before I get my teeth cleaned and all that stuff. There’s just a murmur.

Friday was tattooing!!! Unfortunately John hadn’t definitely told Al that he wanted to get tattooed so Al had another appointment right after me. That kind of sucked, but I’m sure John can go back whenever. It was good to see Al again after the whole winter, spring, and most of summer passing by while he was away. The place he’s in now sucks though. It’s “The Tattoo Shop” in Portsmouth, NH. It was the first one there and the set up is really weird. Plus it’s tourist season and they take a lot of walk-ins so John and I had to wait with a bunch of posers until our appointment started. One guy came in with his two youngish sons and actually said to them, “Oh, did you want to get one today?” to which the boy replied, “Dunno” and started looking at designs on the WALL!! Some people have no creativity whatsoever. This is a permanent thing people!! THINK before you ink. It sounds so cheesy until you see a retard like that in there.

Anyway we finally got shown in away from the bozos and my tat took about two and a half hours. It came out great, I think. Button’s head is a little pointed, but other than that it’s awesome. I’m going to get two quakers added sitting behind them eventually. I’m still kind of nervous about how visible this one is but people can deal or just shut up about it.

The weekend was spent lounging. We went to a small cook out at Val’s and took Pixel with us. We also watched The Upside of Anger (much weirder than I expected with a unique ending) and Hide and Seek (same).

More drama over on the 501st Legion board. You gotta love coming back from vacation to that. At least it’s something interesting to read. : )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROTS Review - it's not all puppy dogs and ice cream

Update from the road

Great Questions from my Favorite Movie Reviewer