You want a key? Tough!

At least, that's what I wish I could say. I don't think that's very "customer service" of me though. We've been in training over a week now and we're all stressed to the max. I am definitely recognizing more key terms in the emails people are sending us, but I have yet to complete an entire case by myself. I always have to call Kirsty (the trainer) over to help me. I suppose it'll get better. . .The only sucky thing is that I don't even know how long I'm going to be on this. It could be a couple weeks. . .a couple months. . .who knows.

A little "Catholic" update for you - We called Father Kevin Wednesday to see if he had heard back from canon law about my need for an annullment or not. He had and it's not good news. Turns out, I need the annullment. ::sigh:: Can life be easy just for a few minutes? Please?

So I rushed to get my annullment questionaire filled out and find FOUR witnesses who will fill out a similar questionaire. They don't even have to do it favorably towards me. I could be depicted as the worst wife in the world, but as long as there were grounds for divorce and such I'll be fine. The witnesses just have to have known me when I was married. I had a really hard time choosing people. A few 501st members were really uncomfortable when John and I started dating - people whom I had considered really good friends - and they were very awkward around us. It was hard for me to see why because no one had even been friends with Ray really. To me it was perfectly logical. To them, I guess it came as a bit of a shock.

I finally decided on my friend Bob and also Aaron, both from the NEG. And then of course Sarah and Paul. Hopefully it doesn't matter that they have the same mailing addy because they are a couple. It's not like they're going to collaborate to lie or something.

So we met with Father Kevin last night for about an hour. We had to rush out to Charlton right before that to get a copy of my marriage license. They needed that, a divorce certificate and my baptismal records. I told FK I don't have the baptism thing. I don't think JWs even keep them. They just say how many people were baptized at the end of the year. So he looked over my paperwork and asked me if I had any questions.. .

It's out of his hands now. It gets turned over to the diocese. And I think I even have to meet with a tribunal or something. I am SO nervous. I hate this. Then FK asked how my day was. My eyes started welling up. I am just so stressed. I never thought I'd have to go through with this annullment thing and my job is really driving me crazy right now. . . I'm on the verge of tears practically every day.

The annullment sucks because we can't reserve the church for our wedding day until it goes through. So what am I supposed to do? Not reserve a reception hall, not book a photographer? I could go on and on with all the stuff we have to do. By the time this thing goes through the church will probably be taken for that day and we'll have to switch everything around anyway. Father Kevin pointed out that a lot of people feel like they have closure after going through this, even though they are civilly divorced already. But I'm not going to get closure. Jehovah doesn't care if I get an annullment through the Catholic church or not. John pointed out no, but he does care that I'm trying to make John happy and that we're trying to get married and do the right thing.

I guess he has a point.

I want one moment to be easy. Please.

One bright spot - I'm going to the movies with Sarah tonight. I'll be leaving right from work to go out to her house and then we can head out for a girls' night out. I'm very much looking forward to some care free goofiness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Questions from my Favorite Movie Reviewer

ROTS Review - it's not all puppy dogs and ice cream

Update from the road