Quicksilver and Goldmoon

I suck. I really do. I just feel like the worst pet owner.

But I have tried and tried with these two lovebirds and they are just not friendly or sociable. All six of them being in one room is just TOO much noise and we are being woken up at 2 a.m. every night by birds screaming. It's really beginning to take its toll on John and me. So. . .someone's got to go and it's got to be them.

They gave us that one great clutch since they've been with us and we found homes for three of the babies and kept Justarius, our little one foot wonder. But we just can't keep them. Not in the condo we're in now. Maybe someday when we have a soundproof bird room I could have kept them, but not now.

I really have tried to work with them. Quicksilver seems like he wants to come out and play, but Goldmoon yells at him. And Gold bites, hard. I just think they'll be better off by themselves somewhere in someone else's house who doesn't care that they never come out to play or whatever.

I contacted a couple shelters (not my favorite option) and almost gave them to this guy but then found out he has 42 birds - a bit of an overkill. So now I am negotiating with someone who works in my building (I posted them on the employee tackboard). I mean, I'm giving them to him for free, but I want to make sure that I can get updates about them every once in a while and make sure they are okay. Plus he has some young daughters and I wanted to make sure it was clear that Goldmoon is not child friendly.

I've had to give up two pets - the first was Mocha, this awesome lab that we adopted. But he hated cats and he chased my cat Lilly and scared her to death so Mom said he had to go. The night before we brought him back I sat with my arms around him and cried and cried. I know he's better off now though. Someone with two other labs adopted him and brings him to work everyday. Then Ray and I had to find a new home for our cat Bella because three cats in one apartment was too much and she didn't like us or the other two cats. I still cry about her if I think about her too much because I forgot the name of who took her so I don't even know how she is doing.

Only a true animal person can understand what I'm going through right now. I feel like such a failure to have to give up pets. I swore after Bella that I would never ever do this again. And I'm sure the guy who sold them to me doesn't want them going to someone else. But there's nothing I can do. I'm at my wit's end with all the screaming in our house. And John doesn't even like birds. Well, he likes Button and he tolerates Gunther as long as he is talking. But the lovebirds are driving him nuts so I'm doing this as much for him as for myself.

It's just so sad is all. And I really feel like a failure. That's all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROTS Review - it's not all puppy dogs and ice cream

Update from the road

Great Questions from my Favorite Movie Reviewer