Birdy Rescue

I sold my youngest lovebird baby to this lady a few months ago. I should not have done it. She "forgot" to show up the first day she was supposed to pick him up and the the day she actually showed she was late. I should have said that she was obviously not interested in the bird and that I was finding it another home. But I didn't.

So I saw an ad for my bird on Craig's List the other day. She was selling it with his cagemate, saying they were clutchmates. There's a whole lot to this story that probably only good bird breeders (like myself) would understand so I won't bore you all. Suffice to say that thanks to this woman, I am going to have much stricter ways of choosing new homes for my lovebirds. I've come up with a four page survey for prospective owners to fill out and I'm going to do home visits.

These birds are terrified of people. When mine left he was a sweet little baby who liked to sit on your shoulder and cuddle. It's very sad. What's sad as well is that I had to pay to get this little guy and his friend back. They are in an old rusty cage without even a grate at the bottom. That is unhealthy because lovebirds are foragers and now they are foraging through crap at the bottom of their cage whenever they drop seed down there. Bad, bad.

So now I have to find them a new home and sell them because I had to pay to get them from her and I have to at least make that money back because John and I don't have money to be throwing away on birds we're not even keeping. . . crazy.

Anyone want two nice (but need work) lovebirds?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROTS Review - it's not all puppy dogs and ice cream

Update from the road

Great Questions from my Favorite Movie Reviewer