Getting in touch with my artsy side
I spent the entire weekend painting. It was grand.
Kirsty called me Friday night (John and I went to the mall to look at wedding rings, more later) while I was on my way home from the mall. She wanted to know if I was busy the next day. Of course I wasn't. Silly her... she thought I had a life.
I've noticed lately that when I sleep in too late on the weekends I feel like my entire day is wasted and I just feel crappier than I did when I went to bed. So I didn't mind getting up early to meet Kirsty. I got up at 8:00 and took a shower and then I got to lounge around on my big comfy bed and read Harry Potter (Yes, I've given in to the dark side). Then I took Pixel (dressed up in her winter finery) and met Kirsty at A.C. Moore to pick up some art supplies. She's addicted to that place and now I am too.
Then we went back to her house and painted for a while. Pixel hung out and chewed up an eraser and tried to chew up a wooden airplane. We stopped her, though. She was fairly good. No accidents in the house, which I was glad of since I would have flipped out. lol.
Then we went back to A.C. Moore (I know, I know) to get a couple things for me (only $7!) and took Pixel back to hang out at my house. Kirsty stayed for lunch and we painted until about 5:30 (that's a long day of painting). The she headed home and I waited for John to come home. He didn't get out until 7:00.
The next day I went back to A.C. Moore (without Pixel) for some paints that I needed and a couple "ingredients" for some presents I'm working on. I should have called Kirsty cuz I found out today that she spent yesterday painting too and went back to A.C. Moore. Guess we should have car pooled, but we each thought the other would be sick of us by then. I'm so glad I stumbled upon Kirsty. It's great to have someone so close who shares so many of my interests. I even get to go dog shopping with her after the holidays! (She wants a dog like Pixel. Hopefully hers won't be as spedly....)
John got home around 2:00 and I hurried to finish up my projects so I could hide all my presents before he got home. (I also had gone to Crystal's hallmark to get wrapping paper and stuff). We were going to go see RENT again but we stuck around hoping the rest of my presents would show up via fedex. They didn't of course and I felt like the afternoon was wasted. But we did fill out John's resume. Kirsty sent it to her boss. I guess they are looking for people in her department. That's productive at least.
Then we snuggled up on the couch and watched Gangs of New York (really bloody movie). We read a lot of Star Wars yesterday too. Now we get to go on to the third (conclusion) book in the Heir trilogy. Yay!
Today we're going ring shopping in our town. There's a little jeweler around us that is open until 7:00 so we're going to go check it out. We were able to determine from our shopping trip on Friday (see, I promised you more later didn't I?) that we have hugely different tastes in rings. But we can compromise. If we can afford it, John is going to get this simple white gold supreme fit band we found (pretty, but too simple for me) and I'm going to get a diamond band to go with my ring. Very girly. I never thought I would like something like that until the guy in the store had me try one on. I loved it! If we can't afford that we are going to go with matching white gold rings with a diamond cut pattern on them. Oooh, sparkly.
That's about it around here. Hopefully we'll get to see Paul, Sarah, and Sadie soon. I haven't seen them in a while. Sarah bought Sadie's flower girl dress. Very cute! Miss you guys!!!
Kirsty called me Friday night (John and I went to the mall to look at wedding rings, more later) while I was on my way home from the mall. She wanted to know if I was busy the next day. Of course I wasn't. Silly her... she thought I had a life.
I've noticed lately that when I sleep in too late on the weekends I feel like my entire day is wasted and I just feel crappier than I did when I went to bed. So I didn't mind getting up early to meet Kirsty. I got up at 8:00 and took a shower and then I got to lounge around on my big comfy bed and read Harry Potter (Yes, I've given in to the dark side). Then I took Pixel (dressed up in her winter finery) and met Kirsty at A.C. Moore to pick up some art supplies. She's addicted to that place and now I am too.
Then we went back to her house and painted for a while. Pixel hung out and chewed up an eraser and tried to chew up a wooden airplane. We stopped her, though. She was fairly good. No accidents in the house, which I was glad of since I would have flipped out. lol.
Then we went back to A.C. Moore (I know, I know) to get a couple things for me (only $7!) and took Pixel back to hang out at my house. Kirsty stayed for lunch and we painted until about 5:30 (that's a long day of painting). The she headed home and I waited for John to come home. He didn't get out until 7:00.
The next day I went back to A.C. Moore (without Pixel) for some paints that I needed and a couple "ingredients" for some presents I'm working on. I should have called Kirsty cuz I found out today that she spent yesterday painting too and went back to A.C. Moore. Guess we should have car pooled, but we each thought the other would be sick of us by then. I'm so glad I stumbled upon Kirsty. It's great to have someone so close who shares so many of my interests. I even get to go dog shopping with her after the holidays! (She wants a dog like Pixel. Hopefully hers won't be as spedly....)
John got home around 2:00 and I hurried to finish up my projects so I could hide all my presents before he got home. (I also had gone to Crystal's hallmark to get wrapping paper and stuff). We were going to go see RENT again but we stuck around hoping the rest of my presents would show up via fedex. They didn't of course and I felt like the afternoon was wasted. But we did fill out John's resume. Kirsty sent it to her boss. I guess they are looking for people in her department. That's productive at least.
Then we snuggled up on the couch and watched Gangs of New York (really bloody movie). We read a lot of Star Wars yesterday too. Now we get to go on to the third (conclusion) book in the Heir trilogy. Yay!
Today we're going ring shopping in our town. There's a little jeweler around us that is open until 7:00 so we're going to go check it out. We were able to determine from our shopping trip on Friday (see, I promised you more later didn't I?) that we have hugely different tastes in rings. But we can compromise. If we can afford it, John is going to get this simple white gold supreme fit band we found (pretty, but too simple for me) and I'm going to get a diamond band to go with my ring. Very girly. I never thought I would like something like that until the guy in the store had me try one on. I loved it! If we can't afford that we are going to go with matching white gold rings with a diamond cut pattern on them. Oooh, sparkly.
That's about it around here. Hopefully we'll get to see Paul, Sarah, and Sadie soon. I haven't seen them in a while. Sarah bought Sadie's flower girl dress. Very cute! Miss you guys!!!
Comments