In my head

I once named a book of poetry "in my head" when I was in high school.

Today B is out sick so J and I are here at work alone. It's been pretty slow.
I was telling her how much "myspace" sucks, but that they've added this feature about rating your teachers from college. That's always a bit of a fun. J is not as into the internet stuff as I am so she was asking me about blogs and stuff like that. I sent her to these places, my favorite blogs.

Discussing blogs and online communities with people at work always brings up that question - should I really be doing this?

It's true that I don't say anything severely detrimental on here. I don't attack the company I work for, or even my co-workers.... The customers - maybe a little bit. But they deserve it, trust me. It's not the same now as it was when I was in high school. The stakes are higher, the pressure's on.

But I always come back to the fact that not many people read this to begin with and those that do wouldn't care if I bitch about things occasionally. I doubt the girls I work with would be that enthralled with my blog writing anyway, but if they ever asked for the link I wouldn't have a problem handing it over. That's the important thing. I don't have anything to hide. I don't even use most people's real names on here.

Totally un work and blog related - Desiree left her boyfriend and moved home with her mom. Her mom is of course psyched. My mom is happy too. And I'm happy for Dez, even if she is miserable right now. I don't think that guy was any good for her at all. In the long run, she'll be much better off at home with her crazy mom than with her crazy boyfriend. But I know some small part of my mom is thinking "Gee, I wish my daughter would move back home."

Words cannot express what a bad idea that would be. After living on your own for . . . four years you cannot move back home with your parents. It doesn't work. It's a cosmic certainty. I wouldn't want to anyway. Planning a wedding kind of gets put on hold if you leave your fiancee and move back in with your parents. lol.

But you know she's thinking of it a bit.

Mom called me at work about an hour ago to say she picked up my dress from Chrisanne's. Thank god. They were closed last week, on days that they were supposed to be open on. I thougth they were going to resell it or something. Mom called me as she got out to the car and said she picked up the dress and it looked good and all that and then asked, "Is it supposed to be in a clear bag?"

"No..." I responded, thinking to myself that she was already driving down the road and running through my head all the ways I could hide a clear bag with a big wedding dress in it from John.

"Oh, well I'm right here so I'll go back in."

Whew. The store told her they only put them in pink bags if they are ordered. Since mine was off the rack it gets a clear bag. Oh, well excuu-uuse me. But they put it in a pink bag for me after all. Now I have to go pick it up before Mom's cats get to it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROTS Review - it's not all puppy dogs and ice cream

Update from the road

Great Questions from my Favorite Movie Reviewer