My Weekend
Friday night I was supposed to get together with Kirsty, but her parents showed up early from Maine so she had to cancel.
Saturday morning I headed out to Feathers with TK, Button and Justarius all in one carrier (big mistake - Button beat up the two boys and made them sit on the floor while she sat on the perch). They got wing clips and I talked to the owner's husband, John, for a little bit about how my breeding program was going. I didn't tell them that I rehomed Quicksilver and Goldmoon. Not that they'd care. They didn't sell them to me or anything. I just didn't get to it.
Then I was sitting around the house and Kirsty called to see if I wanted to run to A.C. Moore with her. So she picked me up at my house and got the tour. She loved Pixel! We even brought her in the car with us and swung into Petsmart where Kirsty bought her the cutest little purple jacket. So Pixel pranced and felt all pretty.
Then on to A.C. Moore and we stopped in at Whole Foods to say hi to my fiancee. He was really busy, but fortunately Kirsty was still there when he got home. She even stuck around to meet Paul, Sarah, and Sadie who were coming over that night. Then Kirsty headed out and the rest of us got sandwiches from franklin. Yummy. Sadie was super talkative. She told John "I like your dog" when Pixel was drinking from her water bottle in front of Sadie and John. Then I was helping her wash her hands with our vanilla soap and she said, "Your soap smells wonderful. I like it." It was the cutest thing. I'm so glad she's coming out of her shell around us because Sarah and Paul insist that she talks all the time but John and I never get to see it.
On Sunday we went to IMAX to see Harry Potter with John's parents. Their treat. It was neat, but I don't think I'd go again. It was just too overwhelming and I didn't really see what the big deal was - it's just. . . bigger.
I did my first on-call last night. Harrowing is a good word. I only got one call, but I kept myself awake until 1:30 a.m. because I was afraid I would get a call. So I just kept clearing out the inbox of all problems so that they wouldn't have to call and wake me up. I slept on the couch so as not to wake John up. ::sigh:: It's gonna be a fun week of sleeping on the couch. And to top it off, the West Wing marathon wasn't even on last night like it usually is. Sad.
Saturday morning I headed out to Feathers with TK, Button and Justarius all in one carrier (big mistake - Button beat up the two boys and made them sit on the floor while she sat on the perch). They got wing clips and I talked to the owner's husband, John, for a little bit about how my breeding program was going. I didn't tell them that I rehomed Quicksilver and Goldmoon. Not that they'd care. They didn't sell them to me or anything. I just didn't get to it.
Then I was sitting around the house and Kirsty called to see if I wanted to run to A.C. Moore with her. So she picked me up at my house and got the tour. She loved Pixel! We even brought her in the car with us and swung into Petsmart where Kirsty bought her the cutest little purple jacket. So Pixel pranced and felt all pretty.
Then on to A.C. Moore and we stopped in at Whole Foods to say hi to my fiancee. He was really busy, but fortunately Kirsty was still there when he got home. She even stuck around to meet Paul, Sarah, and Sadie who were coming over that night. Then Kirsty headed out and the rest of us got sandwiches from franklin. Yummy. Sadie was super talkative. She told John "I like your dog" when Pixel was drinking from her water bottle in front of Sadie and John. Then I was helping her wash her hands with our vanilla soap and she said, "Your soap smells wonderful. I like it." It was the cutest thing. I'm so glad she's coming out of her shell around us because Sarah and Paul insist that she talks all the time but John and I never get to see it.
On Sunday we went to IMAX to see Harry Potter with John's parents. Their treat. It was neat, but I don't think I'd go again. It was just too overwhelming and I didn't really see what the big deal was - it's just. . . bigger.
I did my first on-call last night. Harrowing is a good word. I only got one call, but I kept myself awake until 1:30 a.m. because I was afraid I would get a call. So I just kept clearing out the inbox of all problems so that they wouldn't have to call and wake me up. I slept on the couch so as not to wake John up. ::sigh:: It's gonna be a fun week of sleeping on the couch. And to top it off, the West Wing marathon wasn't even on last night like it usually is. Sad.
Comments