Presents in Review

I don't celebrate Christmas, being a Jehovah's Witness and not believing that A. Jehovah wants us to celebrate birthdays/holidays/etc. and 2. that Jesus was even born at this time of year to begin with. But I did give in and buy stuff for John and his parents since I knew I would get stuff from them and it seems silly to wait a week and then say "okay, here's your non xmas gift." They all know my stance on it, they all know my beliefs, so lets just move on.

For John (the dad, not my John) I got him "150 most beautiful songs" sheet music, which he loved and immediately started trying to play on the piano. I got stud amethyst earrings for Valerie, which I think she really liked because she tried to get John to stop playing the piano at least three times so that he would look at them.

For my John I got him a fleece Army blanket (very comfy), A Christmas Carol on DVD starring Patrick Stewart (which he also got for me so we gave a copy to Sarah and Paul), a Harry Potter sticker book, Morrowind (an xbox game he wanted), and a Harry Potter tri wizard tournament watch. He was a lot more pleased with the army blanket than I thought he would be, which was cool and I think he really liked the watch. I wish I had bought him a few more things I had my eye on though. But the good thing about being a JW is I don't have to wait until next year to get stuff for him. I can just surprise him sometime randomly.

I also got Kirsty a Pier 1 gift card because I know she and I like the place but it's so expensive so I thought that might be nice. She got Pixel those toys and treats and a Petsmart gift card so I bought more toys and also some toys for Amelie. :)

For Paul we got him Dawson's Creek season 1 and I painted a gift box for it with "Bay Path" (our high school) in our school colors with these desk and backpack stickers and stuff on it. He and I used to watch DC on the phone back in high school so I thought that'd be cool. We threw in a $10 CVS gift card too because who doesn't need stuff at CVS? lol.

Sarah got Anne of Green Gables the continuing story on DVD and also a pugster charm bracelet with a few starter charms on it.

And Sadie's big gifts were a book (Mrs. Piggle Wiggle) and a Dora the explorer back pack. I also had painted a little box for her too so I got a small stuffed scottie dog to put in there. Kirsty had found these cool wooden planes and trains at A.C. Moore and walmart so we painted those up and I gave her a set of those too. One of the planes was pink with her name on it so I think she really liked seeing that.

Whew. Is that it? I think so...

So, what I got. . . this year was really great because I was so excited about giving everyone else their gifts that I was doubly happy to get the ones that I received.

From John and Val I got a really nice dress that I had on my Amazon wish list, season 1 of Gilmore Girls, and the movie "Crash". We got a steam cleaner vacuum from them as well, which was super nice. We got a nice set of three blue bowls from his Aunt Eileen. They're pretty. And his cousins gave us some stuff on xmas eve - I got some Avon stuff, which was really nice, and we got a cool crock pot as well. A pier 1 gift card and a home depot gift card too.

From Sarah and Paul I got two awesome Star Wars books! I also got this cute little software called "my fantasy wedding". It's so cheesy, but it's so much fun. Sarah and Sadie and I were playing with it last night at their house. I put it on my wish list cuz it looked kind of like the sims, but with weddings and not quite as high quality. It sure is fun though. I could see wasting some serious time on that.

John got a few gifts from them too. cool ones. He got the book "Tattoo" that he himself is in!! He got a really cool write-up in it. So if you want to see John's awesome back tattoo, go by the book. He also got a spud trooper and a Dragonlance book. A Dragonlance book that he actually didn't have! If you know John, you know this is amazing as he owns about a million of them AND his parents had bought him a couple already this year.

From John I got some really cool stuff. He got me a bunch of books of course (among them were both of Bruce Campbell's book and the annotated Chronicles of Dragonlance, kick ass). I got a christmas carol with Patrick Stewart (lol), Equillibrium, kelly green chucks, and Hermione's time turner from the third harry potter movie (this may be my favorite gift, haven't made up my mind yet). He also got me a RENT poster signed by the entire cast and the director. I can't wait to frame it and hang it up. A very unique gift. I can't remember if I'm forgetting anything. I'm drawing a blank. But that's it for now.

We had a really good weekend of lounging and relaxing. And I didn't get a single on-call call on xmas day. I got a few last night, but that's okay. Better than when we were at his parents' or when we were at Paul and Sarah's last night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROTS Review - it's not all puppy dogs and ice cream

Update from the road

Great Questions from my Favorite Movie Reviewer