Spiritual Stuff and my Back
I've been disfellowshipped since. . . .last September I think. Of 2004. Sad, isn't it? I can't believe how fast this has flown by so far. With my back surgery I haven't been to meetings in about two months. That blows. The Elders are definitely going to pay attention to how often I show up to meetings. I could go back in January and get married in October, but if I'm not going to all the meetings for a while they are never going to reinstate me.
So I just typed out a letter to the book study conductor (elder) at my new Hall. I explained I had recently had surgery and that I hadn't been to work for a while at first either and that I hope to be back to meetings regularly in January. I'll mail that off tomorrow. I hope it helps. It might make it easier to go back to meetings knowing that they know why I was out. I miss going to meetings. I really do.
When I was little I used to wish that I could miss meetings for a while, but now I realize how much it sucks to do that.
In other news. . . .
I went to my fourth post op appointment yesterday. I left work at 1:30 (I was all alone in the morning and it was sooooo busy, but I did about 25 cases by myself and I was so proud) and went to the doctor's office. She was busy in surgery at the hospital down the street so she was about 50 minutes late. I read 80 pages in Harry Potter, which was cool.
So I go into the exam room and she's looking at my incision and she says that it's not healing as well as she'd like. That's always what you want to hear. She said she'd seal it with some silver nitrate (that smarts) and in a week see how it's doing. So I have to go into the hospital next Wednesday for my fifth appointment with her. Except now that it's at the hospital I don't know if I'm going to be charged for it. And I won't have health insurance until January 1st. But it's got to be done. She said it could get infected if it tries to heal over the deeper part of the wound without healing from the inside up. Augh.
I'm on-call all next week. From Christmas morning (I'm picking up the phone from B at 9a.m.) to January 2nd.
I don't know what I was thinking saying I'd take the phone for all this time. On Monday we're going out to Paul and Sarah's to open presents with them (Sarah and I said we were going to call if "family day" to annoy our Catholic counterparts since it's not really on xmas day) and I'm going to have to bring the on-call phone and my computer. AND it's a 40 minute drive out there so John better drive like the wind.
I hope, I hope, I hope that my mom picked up my wedding dress this week. It's supposed to be picked up before the 26th.
Tonight and tomorrow will be busy. John is working until 8 tonight so I have to run home (I'll be alone at work the whole afternoon) and wrap his presents and do some painting I have to do. I painted a LOT last night and it was so much fun. Then tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. I have to bring Amelie to the vet because we noticed last night that her eye is shut and only opens halfway. At 11 a.m. I then rush off to Petsmart with Pixel to take her for a grooming. Whew. Oh, and today I'm going out to lunch with Kirsty at 11:30. That'll be fun, and it'll break my day up here just a bit. When I get back from lunch, though, the girls are leaving and I'll be on my own. I hope it'll be okay...
So I just typed out a letter to the book study conductor (elder) at my new Hall. I explained I had recently had surgery and that I hadn't been to work for a while at first either and that I hope to be back to meetings regularly in January. I'll mail that off tomorrow. I hope it helps. It might make it easier to go back to meetings knowing that they know why I was out. I miss going to meetings. I really do.
When I was little I used to wish that I could miss meetings for a while, but now I realize how much it sucks to do that.
In other news. . . .
I went to my fourth post op appointment yesterday. I left work at 1:30 (I was all alone in the morning and it was sooooo busy, but I did about 25 cases by myself and I was so proud) and went to the doctor's office. She was busy in surgery at the hospital down the street so she was about 50 minutes late. I read 80 pages in Harry Potter, which was cool.
So I go into the exam room and she's looking at my incision and she says that it's not healing as well as she'd like. That's always what you want to hear. She said she'd seal it with some silver nitrate (that smarts) and in a week see how it's doing. So I have to go into the hospital next Wednesday for my fifth appointment with her. Except now that it's at the hospital I don't know if I'm going to be charged for it. And I won't have health insurance until January 1st. But it's got to be done. She said it could get infected if it tries to heal over the deeper part of the wound without healing from the inside up. Augh.
I'm on-call all next week. From Christmas morning (I'm picking up the phone from B at 9a.m.) to January 2nd.
I don't know what I was thinking saying I'd take the phone for all this time. On Monday we're going out to Paul and Sarah's to open presents with them (Sarah and I said we were going to call if "family day" to annoy our Catholic counterparts since it's not really on xmas day) and I'm going to have to bring the on-call phone and my computer. AND it's a 40 minute drive out there so John better drive like the wind.
I hope, I hope, I hope that my mom picked up my wedding dress this week. It's supposed to be picked up before the 26th.
Tonight and tomorrow will be busy. John is working until 8 tonight so I have to run home (I'll be alone at work the whole afternoon) and wrap his presents and do some painting I have to do. I painted a LOT last night and it was so much fun. Then tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. I have to bring Amelie to the vet because we noticed last night that her eye is shut and only opens halfway. At 11 a.m. I then rush off to Petsmart with Pixel to take her for a grooming. Whew. Oh, and today I'm going out to lunch with Kirsty at 11:30. That'll be fun, and it'll break my day up here just a bit. When I get back from lunch, though, the girls are leaving and I'll be on my own. I hope it'll be okay...
Comments