Tantrum over

Moving on. . . .

We met Gil outside of my building yesterday evening. I had cleaned all the bird cages (except Gunther. His is a pain so I'll get to it this weekend) and put Quicksilver and Goldmoon into the new big cage. They seemed to really like it. They tweeted and hopped around and played on all the toys. . .

Gil was nice. I think he was Russian or something, had a very strong accent. He asked some really good questions, which put me at ease. He wanted to know what they eat and if they like treats and if they can fly around. He thought their little happy hut was funny and said he saw one on ebay. So that means he was looking for bird stuff for them; nice. I felt a lot better than I thought I would as we drove away. I miss them a little bit, but I really think that they'll be pretty well-off at their new home. He doesn't have any other pets so you know they'll get plenty of attention.

It was quieter in the house last night, amazingly enough. Button got loud around 6:00 a.m. and I had to tell her to shut up, but no screaming at three like we are used to. Hopefully it'll stay that way, but I'm not keeping my hopes up. One thing's for sure - the spare room looks a lot bigger without that huge breeder cage in it. Now all three cages (Gunther is in the living room so it's just TK and Peachy Keen in one, Justarius in another, and Button in the third) fit along one wall instead of two and it just looks cleaner. Plus the breeder cage was hard to clean so I don't have to deal with that anymore.

Therapy was good. I got some helpful hints on how to deal with issues. Some of it was breathing excercises that I already knew and then some of it was just interesting revalations that I hadn't really thought of before. My therapist is of the mind that to be happy in a relationship you have to make yourself happy first before you can try to make the other person happy - even though you can't really make someone else happy. I understand that, but that whole "make yourself happy" was never my philosophy. Sad as it sounds, my happiness often depends on others around me. It's like this - if you go out with friends and you are in a great mood and having a wonderful time, but your friends are down and depressed, you're not going to continue having a wonderful time, are you? No, of course not. If I'm doing all this wedding planning and no one around me was into it (thank god that's not really the case, but just saying) then it wouldn't be half as much fun.

::Time out to call Desiree::

We were supposed to go see RENT this weekend, kind of a Bay Path chorus mini reunion, but she can't make it. Scratch that. I still want to see it again, though.

So anyway, my therapist, yea. . . I've just never thought that way. Always thought it was kind of selfish. But the way she explains it makes sense I guess. It's just not how I would normally think. But I guess that's why I'm in therapy, right? Got to try to fix myself somehow.

All new ER on tonight I believe. I think it's the wedding episode. They really should have cancelled this show a couple seasons ago. But I'll watch it to the bitter end, just like I did with X-Files even though the last season SUCKED.

At least Star Trek: TNG had the forsight to go out with fans wanting more. They could have easily manufactured a few more seasons, but they stopped at seven when everyone still cared and wanted to watch more. Good way to do it. All shows should be so smart.

Maybe we'll watch some of that tonight. Or maybe we can read some more Star Wars. We're nearly done with the second book in the Heir to the Empire trilogy. Then we'll read the third and then I'm going to read John one of my favorite Star Trek books - Q Squared. Very funny and good. I can't wait! I love that we read together almost every night. It's so nice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Questions from my Favorite Movie Reviewer

ROTS Review - it's not all puppy dogs and ice cream

Update from the road