All Shiny and New

First off, you have to check out this site - Etiquette Hell. I've been reading it for over a year, but it's especially important if you're getting married as it lists exactly what not to do. I've been amusing myself at work reading about all the horrible faux pas.

So maybe our new space isn't exactly shiny and new, but it's new to us and it's a whole hell of a lot better than being in the lab with all the customer support people. They bitch and moan when we get to work from home. Just because we have the same manager doesn't mean we are in the same department. J and B are over to my right at the two person space and I am the one closest to our cubicle door, but at least I am in my own space. It sucks that anyone walking by in the hall can just peer in at me and not even see the other two, but I'll take this over being at each other's elbows any day.

I've already put up a few pictures that I had cramped into my old desk and I've got my dry erase board up and my own cabinet to store stuff in..... Honestly, it's like christmas all over again. lol. And I'm soooooo glad I got to move in here before I have to be out cuz of my surgery complications. I would have hated to be stuck at home while J and B are setting up the new space. I would have felt pretty left out if they were doing it without me.

I had an uneventful weekend. John and I watched High Fidelity on DVD Friday night, but I wasn't feeling well so I didn't really focus on it. I was better by Saturday and John let me sleep in until about 11:00. That felt awesome as I never do that anymore. We ran some errands (set up his parents' printer for them, picked up a FREE dvd player they got us from John's cousin, got some stuff at CVS...), and watched Transporter 2 (good, but way beyond "it's a movie so just believe it". Some of the stuff was just freakin' riduculous) and Hitch (better than I thought it would be). Sunday John worked. I thought Kirsty was going to come over so I got up at 9:00 to clean, but she ended up having company so I watched movies and surfed online all day. But at least I got some cleaning done. I also made some cool little figures out of clay. That was fun. I like sculpting. And I'm not actually that bad at it. I can make little animals pretty well and I made this cute little teddy bear and doll too. Oh, and a miniature house that is supposed to be made of lincoln logs. I'll take some pictures after I bake the stuff.

And now it's Monday and the week begins all over again. I'm on-call starting today. Augh. Kirsty and I are going to work out on Wednesday, though. That should be good for me. I've become entirely too lazy lately and I want to lose a little (just a little) bit of weight. The gym is free for employees so that's nice too. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Questions from my Favorite Movie Reviewer

ROTS Review - it's not all puppy dogs and ice cream

Update from the road