My Weekend and a Slight Vent

It's 9:39 p.m. and I'm sitting here watching "timescape" - a Star Trek TNG episode on DVD. I just felt like a little comfort food.

I've been on-call since Christmas morning. It wasn't a bad week per se. I only had a few calls....until last night and today. I stayed up until 1 a.m. last night reading Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I finally finished it (I say finally, but it only took me two days to read it). Then I fell asleep on the couch. I didn't watch the ball drop or anything. I lost excitement for that around the same time that Sarah stopped coming over for Family Day on new year's eve and we used to have fun staying up all night.

Around 1:30 I got a call. Someone's softworks product had stopped working and they needed a new key. At 3:30 a.m. I got up and took a shower and John helped me with my surgery stuff. I went to bed at 4 a.m. and at 9 a.m. (yes, a bit late, but really I only had about five hours of sleep) one of the shift leads called me with an ER key request. I got up and did it, went back to bed. Another call about fifteen minutes later. I gave up and got up. I handled a few calls easily.

At about noon I got a request for a license key transfer - normally an easy request. Problem was, their s/n's weren't valid. It's all very complicated and I'd explain it if I felt like it, but I don't so you'll live. The guy who needed it was part of my company and he needed the transfer for a customer. He was a complete jerk to me. None of these people ever realize that you are on-call, that you are sitting at home dealing with all this crap on your day off. And if they did realize, most of them might not care. So he was a jerk, then he said he wanted to get my manager involved and we'd all have a chat.....He got his manager involved, blah blah blah.

Basically it took me three or four hours to take care of this issue and I had to call Kirsty, which I always feel bad about. But she helped me out a bit and I got it taken care of. What a jerk this guy from my company was, though. Ergh. It just irks me.

John brought home "Four Brothers" and "Must love dogs". We watched the first one - better than expected, and not as violent as expected, a nice surprise. We'll watch the other one tomorrow. First I am meeting J outside my condo tomorrow morning and she's picking up the on-call phone from me. Thank God. Then John and I will go catch Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire once more in theaters before it's gone. Sounds like a plan.

And now back to writing down quotes from Dragonlance...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROTS Review - it's not all puppy dogs and ice cream

Update from the road

Great Questions from my Favorite Movie Reviewer