Sick as a dog

That describes John a bit more than me right now. But it also coincides with Pixel. Poor Pixel pup. She had surgery today. Let me back up...

Yesterday J met me outside my condo and I handed the on-call phone off to her. Thank God! Then John and I went out to the cafe down the street for breakfast. I had eggs fritatta, which was an open-faced omelette with spinach, tomatoes, and mozarella cheese. SO yummy! Then we headed out to see Harry Potter one last time.

I took a nap on the couch from about 4 to 6, which is how I knew I wasn't feeling well. John's all stuffed up too and his eyes won't stop watering. My throat is sore and my sinuses are burning and...augh, not fun. My mom called to ask me why when she would put her cursor in the middle of a sentence (she's working on a research paper) to retype something, it would start typing over what she already wrote. I told her to hit the "insert" key and she called me a technology genius! Wish I could please customers at work that easily. She's going to come out on Friday to drop of my wedding gown! I can't wait to finally take some pictures of it. The temptation to try it on is going to be hard to resist for the next nine months.

Today I stayed home sick. Too bad that I called my manager and THEN got the call from J that she and B were working from home today because of the snow. Ah well. I slept until 10. John dropped Pixel off at the vet at 8. She was having two of her baby teeth taken out because her big girl teeth grew right over them. Poor baby had to have anesthesia and everything. We didn't get to pick her up until 5:30. Sucked.

We watched "Must Love Dogs" while waiting. I wasn't impressed. I love John Cusak (and Diane Lane is pretty cool too) so I was disappointed. It had some cute parts, but.....ultimately fell short.

Well, it's getting late and I'm still feeling like crap. I think I'm going to go lie down on the couch and watch some of the Beauty and the Geek marathon. Good show.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROTS Review - it's not all puppy dogs and ice cream

Update from the road

Great Questions from my Favorite Movie Reviewer