Stuck at home for two weeks

My back isn't healing properly from surgery so on Thursday my super fun vacuum dressing stuff showed up..... at my work. ::sigh:: There were like six boxes of crap I had to lug up from the dock to my desk and then down to my car at the end of the day.

The wound specialist nurse called me at work today and informed me that we're being charged $125 a day to have this stuff. What on EARTH costs $125 a DAY??? So she wanted to get me all set up with it asap. My manager just got back from Germany the day before and I basically accosted her in the cst lab and told her "I have to leave work right now to go to the hospital and I'm not going to be back for two weeks." Yea.... Went over well. But then I explained that I can't drive for two weeks and that I can work from home so it won't be too bad. She was okay with it.

J had already left early and so I had to leave B alone at the office manning the inbox. She seemed fine with that, though. They were both pretty nice about the whole two week thing. They seemed to think I should just take the whole time off. That would be nice, but A. I can't afford it and 2. I don't think they'd remain okay with that and once I got back it would be like it was all over again.

John took me to the hospital to meet with the nurse and surgeon and then we dropped a doctor's note off with my manager, C. She met John in the lobby. there was no way I was going in with all this stuff attached to me. In case you're wondering, this is not fun.

So I think Kirsty is coming over for lunch and a movie today and then John'll be home around 1:30. It's going to be so boring being stuck here for two weeks. I mean, there's only so much ER and Judging Amy you can watch during the day, you know? It's nice to be able to work from home, but at the same time it's going to be difficult to stay motivated to work on stupid cases with stupid people (LOL) while I'm lying on the couch....

I'm on-call the remainder of the weekend. Last night one of the shift leads (the only people allowed to call us on-call) called at 11:00. I was sleeping on the couch cuz I wasn't sure how comfortable I would be in bed. I had just fallen asleep. It wasn't even an emergency. Some customer couldn't generate his own key on our website we have for it - it kept timing out - so he insisted they call the on-call person. He wrote an email and said to call him. Um, no. So I emailed him back and said to send his switch s/n, worldwide name, and transaction code. 11:30 rolls around and I emailed the shift lead who called me and said I was going back to bed. Two minutes after I send that the customer emails back and says "nevermind, we got the application to work. thanks anyway." You IDIOT!!!!! Took me an hour to get back to sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROTS Review - it's not all puppy dogs and ice cream

Update from the road

Great Questions from my Favorite Movie Reviewer