Surgery Sucks

I'm sick of having to deal with this recovery process. The surgery was back in OCTOBER!!!

I just had my sixth or seventh post op today. Ergh. Now comes the fun part. They're going to try something new in my super fun healing process and it's going to take about two weeks to heal up. It's kind of a last resort type of thing which means that I will be out of work. The surgeon is going to give me a doctor's note that says this will take two weeks. In the meantime, I'm not entirely out of work because I can still work from home. The only difference is that I'm not actually in the office. One of those weeks I'll even be on-call so it's not like I won't be working my ass off.

So now just comes the stressful part of waiting to get the note to show to my boss. I hate seeming like I'm such a total slacker. I mean, they can say "your health comes first" until they're blue in the face, but you know my co-workers and manager want to smack me...

In other happier news, I think Kirsty may be getting a dog this weekend. It'd be so awesome if her dog and Pixel got along because then Pix would have a buddy to play with. That'd be a lot of fun for her, I think. That way she can play around with a dog her size rather than picking on poor Amelie all the time.

There is so much wedding stuff swimming around in my head right now, but with the wedding nine months away there's not much I can do. Most of the stuff doesn't have to be done right now so..... big waiting game.

John heard from one of his groomsmen last week that the guy has to drop out due to scheduling issues. That's understandable, but it still sucks big time for John. In good news, he heard from his third groomsmen whom we were worried about because we hadn't heard from him in forever and we thought maybe he was of the same negative opinion as everyone else (the "don't do it!" crowd), but he called John last night and says he hadn't even heard about any of the dramatic goings-on and that he was totally still in. He said that as John's friend he would never bail on him like that and if he had something to say he would have just said it already and not ambushed us or anything. So that is a big relief to John I'm sure. And to me too.

Other than that, got a videographer appointment to go to at the end of the month and that's about it. Yipee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Questions from my Favorite Movie Reviewer

ROTS Review - it's not all puppy dogs and ice cream

Update from the road