A trip down memory lane in pictures

I had to drive out to my parents' house this weekend to pick up my wedding dress. I really miss living in the country sometimes. A town so.... not small, because it's actually quite a large "small town", but small-town-minded that when giving a townie directions you can say things like "the four corners", "the orchard", and so on.

Here are my bad-quality camera phone pictures.

This is my favorite old house out there. It's so beautiful with the turret at the top and whatnot. Too bad they never fix it up. I think that if you don't own a house and someone is treating theirs like crap, then you should be able to take it from them. :)

CD Driving School. My tiny little driver's ed building. To the right of it and across the street is an actual store called "The General Store".

Ken's Citgo. It's open until 7 p.m. Woo hoo. What a party town, eh?



The road home.
I love how the trees frame it. I used to walk down this street every day from the bus stop. Kimmy and I would sing Grease songs and we'd all get some exercise in.


The Holiday House. So named because at Easter, Christmas, Halloween, all that, it becomes a total eye sore with all the decorations put on it.


And the destination. Here's my parents' old brick house. My great granddad built it and my dad and friends added on the second story when I was just two years old. I love this house. 22 years and it's still not finished. It doesn't need to be, though. It's got character.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROTS Review - it's not all puppy dogs and ice cream

Update from the road

Great Questions from my Favorite Movie Reviewer