A weekend review (before it's over)

It's Sunday at about 10:30 and I'm waiting for the family who's going to take my lovebirds home to show up. They aren't taking them home today, just visiting.

I thought I'd write about my weekend, for lack of any better inspiration. I should start with Friday, but yesterday was such a chaotic day that I'm saving the mostly goodness of Friday to end with.

Yesterday I woke up at about nine and chatted with John a bit before he left for work. Then I got up and showered to get ready to go out to Feathers to get one of the birds a wing trim. My parents had said they might stop by on their way home from Cambridge in the afternoon. My mom is taking a masters class there on Tuesday and she didn't want to get lost so Dad did a test run with her.

I had to towel our mustache parakeet just to get her into the carrier. She wasn't pleased. So I got there and I guess they have decided to just have cages by order only. They were selling off their remaining stock for 35% off. Well, "Cappy" came in a pretty small cage so I figured we'd get her a bigger one and then put Button and Justarius (lovebirds) into her old cage, which will be huge to them. Feathers didn't have much of a selection left. I was disappointed because there was only one cage that would fit Cappy and it was $499. But the girl who works there, who is always very kind to me and helpful, said to wait until we add it up with the 35% off and such. So I figured it couldn't hurt and I got a few perches for the cage and went up to the register. Want to know what it came to? $216. Yea, way more than 35% off. I love going to that store. I guess it pays to be a customer for over three years.

I'm getting a new car today, but for now I have a Hyundai Santa Fe, which is a nice little SUV. So the owner gets the cage and follows me out to my car. We then spend the next 15 minutes trying to get my jammed hatch open to get the cage in. We were unsuccessful. I told him to hold onto it for me and I drove all the way back to exit 18 (Feathers is off exit 24A and then another 15 minutes down route 20) to get John's truck from his work. So we switched cars and then I drove all the way back to Feathers.

At least his hatch opened and I finally got to drive home. I had to unload the cage by myself. It was heavy and awkward, but I managed to get it upstairs. Then I took Tonks (formerly known as Cappy) out of her carrier. She flew away at first, but then stepped up from the floor. The problem was even though I was excited she was finally on my hand (we've had her since Thursday and she has yet to sit with one of us calmly) I knew I had to assemble some parts of her cage. So I tried to get her onto a perch - not happening. The only place she would sit was on my hand or on my shoulder. Tonks sat on my hand for most of the stuff, but then I had to screw some perches into her cage and I needed both hands so I put her on my shoulder. BIG mistake. She BIT the back of my neck, HARD. So I had to use my jean jacket to get her off of me. LOL. Then she stepped up on my hand and I managed to get her in her cage.

Gunther wasn't pleased at first and lo and behold, when I looked at him closely I saw he had plucked his entire left leg!! I dont' know when he did it because we hadn't taken him out for two days, but I don't know why he did it either. He never saw Tonks until a day ago because she was in our bedroom.... I'm worried about him and now I have to take them both to the vet for well-bird check ups. The money never ends...

My mom called shortly after this and said she and Dad were way too tired after all the driving. I was really disappointed by this for some reason. I think I just had one of those "I wanna see my parents" days. They live an hour away, after all.

I spent the rest of the day cleaning. The kitchen, the bathroom, putting Tonks' old cage in the shower and scrubbing it down, carpet cleaning, etc. I was exhausted by the time John got home around 7. I took my first pill at about 6 too so I was freaking about that. John and I sat down and had some soup and watched part of JAWS together. He went to bed around 9 and I stayed up till 10:30 but just didn't have the motivation for the extra half hour until the movie ended so I gave up and went to bed too.

Friday was much better. Work sucked because I had people coming over to my desk all day even though they're not supposed to - they're supposed to send an email. By five o'clock I was SO ready to go. I got home and had to get ready to go out again cuz we were going over a friend's house for dinner and he lives about an hour away. (Why does everyone live so far away? Paul and Sarah are about 40 minutes, my parents are an hour, a couple other friends are an hour.....No wonder we never see people. Everyone needs to move closer to us.) It took me like a half hour to get ready. I couldn't find anything comfy to wear. So then we were a little late on our way out there. John hates to be late. :)

We finally got there and sat down to have some pizza. We were going to watch a movie, but John has to be up so early for work usually that he's in bed by nine whether he has to get up or not. We left at about 10:15 so I was actually pretty proud of him. That's late for him. I had a good time Friday night. It was nice to get out of the house and actually go somewhere. And we hadn't seen Bob (from the 501st) in a while. I think the biggest part of the night was exchanging demonic stories we'd all heard at one time or another. That's always a great way to get me to want to go to bed at night. I'm so easily scared. I've got some horrible ones myself, though, thanks to Ray. I try to forget about them, but ::shudder:: The haunted cabin is one of my favorites. ::sigh::

All in all, it was a good night. I'd like to have people come out here sometime too. Maybe have a small get together of people. That might be fun.

It's 10:53 and they're not here yet.... I hope they get here soon. The woman who adopted one of my birds was late to every appointment I made with her and then I ended up having to rescue the bird back from her because she was trying to sell it to the highest bidder. I'm not saying there's necessarily a correlation, but it still makes me wonder about people who don't show up on time to things that involve something as serious as adopting an animal. They're not late yet. I should get going.

Car shopping today! Wish me luck. I want a Toyota Matrix and I HATE car dealerships. They're so sleazy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROTS Review - it's not all puppy dogs and ice cream

Update from the road

Great Questions from my Favorite Movie Reviewer