Let there be light!

I swung by my apartment yesterday on my way home from work. The power company came and so I was finally able to see the place with some lights on. It's even brighter and more cheery and cute than I thought it would be.

I have some awesome lighting in the kitchen hidden in the ceiling. Awesome is hardly a word I would have ever used to describe lighting before this week but there it is. I have two closets in the bedroom and though neither has a light directly in it, the light from the bedroom is more than enough.

I am so psyched. Officially I guess I could move in tomorrow night because I traded my on call with Brooke. She's taking tomorrow night so I can go couch shopping and I'll take Sunday for her. But I don't really want to move in without cable because nick at nite is like my safe place and if I can't sleep I know I'm not going to want to just sit up and read.

Work is good. To quote Jim Carrey in Bruce Almighty - "It's Goooood"
The pets are great. Pixel loves playing with Kumba and Mollly. Kumba even lets her chase him around the yard and is kind enough not to eat her as a tasty little snack. My mom is going to miss Amelie and Pixel more than she's going to miss me at this point. haha. The only sad thing is, only one of the nine lovie eggs hatched and Peachy didn't feed it so the baby died. :( I'm hoping none of the others will hatch cuz I don't want to deal with it. it's too much right now. So sad, though. I hope they don't breed again for a while. They need a break.

Pix and I took a trip to Petco last night to get her a smaller kennel. The big metal one she had was just too big. It won't fit anyplace in the apartment well. So we walked around there and got her a cage that can fit just her bed and some space for her. She is never the type of dog to reach into a bin of toys and pick one out but last night she did so I couldn't resist buying it for her. It's a ludicrous toy for a dog her size. It's a stuffed snake that is twice her length. But it was worth it just for the amusement on the ride home. I put it in the passenger seat for her and she grabbed a hold of its tail and dragged it into my lap with her while I was driving and then proceeded to wrap herself up in it and lay down for a nap. I just about squeaked over the cuteness of it all.

I'm giving her big kennel to J at my work because she just got a puppy that is going to grow up to be bigger than Pixel so she can use it more than I can at this point. I've got it in my car for her today. That was fun to listen to all the way to work....

I've got therapy again today. Talk about light... I thought I had graduated but the crisis center says I haven't. lol. I have a regular doctor's appointment in May and I'm going to tell them that 10 mgs of Paxil is NOT doing the trick and to up it or I'm not going to even bother taking it anymore.

I'm thinking of taking a trip out to Arizona in August. I know it's totally random but I've gotten to know some people from that area recently and there is a big Jehovah's Witness convention out there where we could all meet up and hang out. I doubt I'll be reinstated by then. I've got some stuff to straighten out in my life first before I'm ready to have the responsibility of telling people that I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses. But maybe by the fall...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROTS Review - it's not all puppy dogs and ice cream

Update from the road

Great Questions from my Favorite Movie Reviewer