C-3PO wasn't gay, he was British.
It's 10:30 a.m. Today is Friday which rocks. It's jeans day at work, but I like to call it "chucks day" since I can regularly be seen skipping (just a bit) down the work hallways in my nice comfy chucks. The girls and I have started a tradition of going out for lunch on Fridays. It's probably a dumb thing to do with my budget but I just cut back on stuff on the weekend then. Besides, it's worth it to get out of here for an hour and just go spend time together outside of work. That way we aren't at each other's throats.
Though that situation is about to get a bit better. For three of us anyway... They found a spare one-person cubicle down the hallway and they are sticking two of us in there and the other three will stay here in the slightly larger cube. J and I volunteered to go but everyone thought it would be more fair if we drew names. So it's actually going to be T and I who go. . . Which is fine.
So I've got lunch to look forward to in a couple hours and then at 5:00 I get to go home and get ready to go out to see The Da Vinci Code. I'm verily excited. At least I'll actually be out doing something instead of just sitting around the house waiting for people to call or get out of work or whatever.
Speaking of, I'm pretty sure Sarah and Paul have dropped off the face of the earth. I know, sad, but true. ;)
For some reason, J was just talking about "carnie workers" randomly with L and B. I leaned over (gotta get around the dividing wall... sigh) and said how my ex husband and his brother used to work at carnivals in New England. J was silent for a minute and then says, "Jessie, why do you keep giving me material??"
I thought for a second and said, "Well, J, cuz I like to make you happy."
They've already got all the geek stuff on me - binary jokes, the 501st, etc etc. Eh, whatever. We all have fun. :)
Though that situation is about to get a bit better. For three of us anyway... They found a spare one-person cubicle down the hallway and they are sticking two of us in there and the other three will stay here in the slightly larger cube. J and I volunteered to go but everyone thought it would be more fair if we drew names. So it's actually going to be T and I who go. . . Which is fine.
So I've got lunch to look forward to in a couple hours and then at 5:00 I get to go home and get ready to go out to see The Da Vinci Code. I'm verily excited. At least I'll actually be out doing something instead of just sitting around the house waiting for people to call or get out of work or whatever.
Speaking of, I'm pretty sure Sarah and Paul have dropped off the face of the earth. I know, sad, but true. ;)
For some reason, J was just talking about "carnie workers" randomly with L and B. I leaned over (gotta get around the dividing wall... sigh) and said how my ex husband and his brother used to work at carnivals in New England. J was silent for a minute and then says, "Jessie, why do you keep giving me material??"
I thought for a second and said, "Well, J, cuz I like to make you happy."
They've already got all the geek stuff on me - binary jokes, the 501st, etc etc. Eh, whatever. We all have fun. :)
Comments