The Sole Proprietor

This is where Joe, Paul, Sarah, Sadie and I went for dinner last night. It was kind of random. Paul called me to tell me that Joe had asked the sole if Ericka was working last night. I'm pretty sure he did it as a joke to annoy me cuz Sarah and I just LOVE watching everyone flirt with Ericka. . . lol. But I kind of thought, "Eh, why not?" I haven't seen her in about three years, haven't talked to her in two.

The last time we spoke was through text messages and it was right after I left Ray. I felt like everyone was taking "his side", which was hard not to do I'll grant you that, and I kind of withdrew from everyone. I love going to the Sole to see Ericka. It's always a good time. This noisy restaurant in the middle of Worcester. . .

Maybe I should explain who Ericka is. She's in my reference entry, but you people are lazy so you probably haven't read it. Ericka is my big sister. Our families were close enough that had my parents died when I was younger they were going to leave me to Ericka's parents. Craziness. She was the leader of our little group of JWs but she doesn't do much with it anymore. She's on the very outskirts of the religion, which is fine. But it hasn't given me occasion to talk to her much lately. The best part about Ericka was she never cared what anyone else thought.

So we showed up there and I asked if Ericka [insert last name here] was working. They said "yes, but it's not [insert old last name here] anymore; it's [insert new last name here]." Turns out she got married two weeks ago to her boyfriend who also happens to work with her! And she's pregnant. If you had EVER told me that Ericka would be settled down with a family before I was I would have laughed in your face. She just wasn't the type. too free-spirited. But now. . . wow. She's still the same Ericka, but she's changed too. I'm so happy for her. We exhanged numbers of course and I hope we actually stick to our plans to get together.

She seemed happy to see us and she went nuts over Sadie saying how cute she was and taking her on a tour of the restaurant and stuff. When she first came over to us she didn't recognize Joe. That was totally hilarious. At first I thought she was kidding because she totally ignored him and then when he said hi to her she said "Oh, I didn't know if you were with them or not." We all kind of stared at her until Joe said, "I'm Joe [insert HIS last name here]." and then she got it. THAT is a good story. lol. I'll be living off that one for a while. To be fair, he has changed a lot since high school. Physically and otherwise. He's probably changed the most of all of us. I think for the most part that's a really good thing. he's matured a lot. One thing that sucks is that he seems a lot more closed off to friendships and such. It always makes you wonder what the hell happened in the meantime that you weren't talking to these people...

We all had a lovely dinner and then we went back to Paul and Sarah's and hung out for a bit. It was a pretty good night. I'm not even that tired this morning, though I was late to work. By an hour. Ouch.

tonight I'm doing a 501st event in Dorchester with Jason so I've got my NEG shirt on at work. No comments yet. I usually get at least one. Oh, and no one wants to tag along with me to this event so I'll just say that if I get shot we all know who needs to feel bad. Shame, shame. But, as Jason keeps pointing out, the event is for firefighters, cops and EMTs. How much safer can you get?

Something I'm really excited about is next Friday I get to go see The Da Vinci Code with a VERY old friend all the way back from North Brookfield Elementary School. I'm almost done reading the book and he and I both wanted to see the movie so we're going to get together for the first time in 12 years and go do that. I'm really psyched. Nervous too though. These reunion things. . . You never know if you're going to have stuff to say once you finally meet in person or not. However, we seem to have quite a bit in common still beyond the "I was in that second grade class too" so that's always a good thing. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Questions from my Favorite Movie Reviewer

ROTS Review - it's not all puppy dogs and ice cream

Update from the road