This is the sound of settling

I've got a hunger
twisting my stomach into knots
that my tongue was tied off

my brain's repeating
"if you've got an impulse let it out"
but they never make it past my mouth.

baa bah, this is the sound of settling
baa bah, baa bah

our youth is fleeting
old age is just around the bend
and i can't wait to go gray

and i'll sit and wonder
of every love that could've been
if i'd only thought of something charming to say.

baa bah, this is the sound of settling
baa bah, baa bah

i've got a hunger twisting my stomach into knots.

I had a rough night last night. I was on-call for J again. I got a LOT of overtime. I basically worked from 8 a.m. to midnight on cases. I got four phone calls. They started coming in before I was even home. I wanted to drive out to Spencer to return Elizabethtown to Big Video but I had to turn around and head right home instead. All the cases were annoying and terrible complicated. It was very frustrating.

Between all that I cleaned out all my old paperwork and bills and such so I'd know what I have to pay this Saturday. I also talked to my landlord yesterday. He had come into my house on Monday to get my lease and had left a note on my kitchen table about water on the bathroom floor leaking down to my downstairs neighbor. I'm so not comfortable with my landlord (or anyone) coming into my house when I'm not there so I called him on it. He said he just had to get the lease and he would never do it again. I know that it's illegal for him to anyway without calling me first if it's an emergency so I'm not too worried about it.

I watched some meaningless television. "Deja Q" was on so I laughed out loud at Q and Worf exchanging banter for a little while. I also watched South Park which I hardly ever watch. While I did that I chatted with my friend Steve from myspace and also with Joe. Had a lovely argument with Joe so that totally made my night. Yea. . . Just as I was getting ready for bed around 11 my phone rang and it was this guy Keith I went to college with. We hadn't talked in a few years but I found him on myspace last week or so. So we talked for about an hour. That was nice. He's a big Star Wars fan like I am so we mostly talked about that.

I'm pretty sure I got a call from my friend Seth (also a df'd JW) at about 1 a.m. but I could have dreamed that up. I was pretty tired. lol. As Paul said, I'm popular. Yea, right. That'll be the day. But it was a good, if chaotic, night.

I'm hoping tonight will be slower with phone calls and such. I do not want a repeat of last night.

The five of us are in a conference room training still. We have been for a month. good times. Oh, and I'm going on a business trip to California still in June. Save me....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Questions from my Favorite Movie Reviewer

ROTS Review - it's not all puppy dogs and ice cream

Update from the road