Under the Tuscan Sun

I'm going to go buy a villa in Tuscany and become a writer. I've decided just now. The lovebirds can come too and they can have an outdoor aviary that's huge for them to fly around in. Pixel and Amelie can have a big fenced in yard to run around in and Gunther can have his own bird room. I'll write outside in the sun all day and have a writing desk inside for bad days. With my inspirational gourd birdhouse from Aunt Mary hanging over the desk.

Maybe it won't exactly be Tuscany, but you know the more I live on my own and learn that I can pretty much just depend on myself, the more I want to try a new type of life. As different as possible. I don't want to fall into a rut in my life and fall back on old habits. So I'm moving.

Okay, not really. But it's nice to sit back and dream.
"What are four walls, anyway? They are what they contain. The house protects the dreamer. Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game. It's such a surprise."

The movie was lovely on Friday. The crowd was mostly okay, but we got there a little late so we were stuck in the very front row. I'm pretty sure Joel and I are going to see xmen3 next Friday too. We're going to try for a later show so that maybe not so many teenagers will be there.

Lunch was delightful on Friday. We went to pub99. I drove. J rode in shotgun and found the pinwheel I had bought for Sadie that she forgot. So we're driving and she's got the window rolled down with the pinwheel out of it. . . I swear, I thought it was going to fly off and take someone's eye out. Oh, and she kept turning around and stabbing B with it. lol.

The four of us were sitting there at lunch chatting and J leaned over and said, "Can I ask you what exactly happened between you and John?"
So I told her about some of it; it was probably the 1 1/2 minutes explanation.
Then she says, "I hope you don't mind me saying this, but you just seem so much happier. It's like you are a totally different person. I don't even recognize you."
"Well, that's because I am a different person. I'm the girl I was when I was in high school, before I settled down at entirely too young an age and got married.."
"Well, I'm very proud of you for making such a tough and mature decision. I'm just so proud of you, hun."

I couldn't believe she said that. It was so kind of her. I feel like I have grown so much closer to the girls at work lately. Maybe I am a different person. Maybe some of the negativity going around really was just because of me. Not all of it, but some. Maybe things will be better now.

maybe, maybe, maybe. Maybe someday I'll have a few of my dreams come true. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Questions from my Favorite Movie Reviewer

ROTS Review - it's not all puppy dogs and ice cream

Update from the road