You had a bad day
Is it just me or is that song WAY overplayed on the radio lately? I love it and all but this is why people get sick of generic radio music. Every station plays the same songs over and over until something that was well-written and lovely becomes annoying.
I watched Elizabethtown last night. It was interesting. Not as cute as I was hoping for. The best parts were probably them on the phone at the beginning because you can totally watch it and remember having all night fascinating conversations like that with people. They could have taken a much different turn with that movie. I really think that the trailers made it look like they were going to be on the phone through the whole thing and that they should have stuck with that idea. It would have made the movie more intense and interesting if the characters did not meet up again until later.
The one thing that's good is that I do like more typical love stories like that. At least they have a chance in hell of actually happening in real life. Romance movies have built girls up for disappointment since the first one was ever produced.
I sound awfully negative, eh? Not meaning to. Just having one of those days I guess.
My mom wants me to get reinstated so badly. She's on me about it every time I see her. I'd love to know what would happen if I said I didn't want to be. And I'm not saying that by any means, but I just wonder what would happen. I wonder if she and dad would still want to be as helpful as they have been lately. Dad might not care.... then again, when I was younger, he always yelled at me if I didn't want to go to meetings with Mom and pitched a fit about it. Kind of ironic, huh? Since he never went himself.
I wonder sometimes if I could ever give up my religion to be with someone who wasn't a Witness. It's something I've considered before of course... But if I truly believe in God, which I do, then there's no way I could ever do that. I love my spirituality. It is such a huge part of my life and always has been.
One of my friends found out she is pregnant yesterday. She seems genuinely excited about it. Personally I think she'll make a great mom. She is so upbeat most of the time and is just a pleasant person to deal with. She cares a lot about people and she's a sweetie. I ran over to give her a hug because (I said) "that's what I do". :) I'm a little sad too. John and I were going to start trying for kids in November. That life I had a month ago seems so far away from where I am now. I always feel very far behind on my "life checklist".
Get married - check
But then I got divorced...
Try again - check
Called that off.
Have kids - so not checked
Live in a house - yea.... I'm in a tenemant.
I've got some definite life experience checked off (like divorce and getting DF'd) but nothing that sticks.
I watched Elizabethtown last night. It was interesting. Not as cute as I was hoping for. The best parts were probably them on the phone at the beginning because you can totally watch it and remember having all night fascinating conversations like that with people. They could have taken a much different turn with that movie. I really think that the trailers made it look like they were going to be on the phone through the whole thing and that they should have stuck with that idea. It would have made the movie more intense and interesting if the characters did not meet up again until later.
The one thing that's good is that I do like more typical love stories like that. At least they have a chance in hell of actually happening in real life. Romance movies have built girls up for disappointment since the first one was ever produced.
I sound awfully negative, eh? Not meaning to. Just having one of those days I guess.
My mom wants me to get reinstated so badly. She's on me about it every time I see her. I'd love to know what would happen if I said I didn't want to be. And I'm not saying that by any means, but I just wonder what would happen. I wonder if she and dad would still want to be as helpful as they have been lately. Dad might not care.... then again, when I was younger, he always yelled at me if I didn't want to go to meetings with Mom and pitched a fit about it. Kind of ironic, huh? Since he never went himself.
I wonder sometimes if I could ever give up my religion to be with someone who wasn't a Witness. It's something I've considered before of course... But if I truly believe in God, which I do, then there's no way I could ever do that. I love my spirituality. It is such a huge part of my life and always has been.
One of my friends found out she is pregnant yesterday. She seems genuinely excited about it. Personally I think she'll make a great mom. She is so upbeat most of the time and is just a pleasant person to deal with. She cares a lot about people and she's a sweetie. I ran over to give her a hug because (I said) "that's what I do". :) I'm a little sad too. John and I were going to start trying for kids in November. That life I had a month ago seems so far away from where I am now. I always feel very far behind on my "life checklist".
Get married - check
But then I got divorced...
Try again - check
Called that off.
Have kids - so not checked
Live in a house - yea.... I'm in a tenemant.
I've got some definite life experience checked off (like divorce and getting DF'd) but nothing that sticks.
Comments