California here I come

We've booked our flight. We're flying Southwest (like on A&E's Airline. yay) on June 18th. We leave at 7:50 in the morning from Providence and arrive in LA at 12:15 their time. Then we fly from LA to San Jose and get there at 2:15 their time. Then we pick up our car and head over to the hotel.

We'll have the rest of the day Sunday to get settled in and maybe go out to dinner or something. But I don't know if I'll be doing any sightseeing with the gals because Seth is supposed to meet me at the hotel after I arrive. I'm really excited to meet him finally. We've been chatting on the phone and online for a couple months now and we have a ton in common. It's nice to talk to someone who understands how tough it is to be disfellowshipped.

I've been finding in my past couple "relationships" that opposites attract definitely but it doesn't mean it will work out. That's depressing because I seem to really have a spark with certain people but they just aren't ready or they're not right for me or whatever. Having stuff in common is what keeps you together in the long run. not that I'm saying I'm going to jump into a relationship with Seth. Far from it. Though I'm already getting tormented by Joe and Paul about it. But that's not my problem so I'll just let it go.

I am kind of getting excited for this trip now. I'll have the afternoon on Sunday to relax and then Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are training. Then we're out of there at 8:25 a.m. on Thursday. We won't get home until 6:50 our time of course... Gotta love the time changes. I don't think I'll be into work on Friday. Augh. Seth wanted me to stay through the weekend but that would mean I'd have to fly home by myself and I'm not ready for a 7 hour flight on my own.

I just have to figure out what the heck I'm going to pack...

I went to my first kenpo class last night. I was going to participate but I had a minor procedure done at the doctor's yesterday and she said no physical activity for a couple days so I just showed up and watched. Joe was teaching last night. He is so sarcastic with those kids. It's funny. I got to talk to the school owner for a little bit. I told him that I have that business trip coming up and all so he said I could take the next three classes for free and then when I get back I can decide if I want to sign up. They ask for a year committment from you which seems like a lot at first, but I guess with all the stuff you have to learn it's not that much. Plus there are people like Joe who have been going 20 years so one year out of my life isn't bad. I just hope I do well at it and actually want to stick with it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROTS Review - it's not all puppy dogs and ice cream

Update from the road

Great Questions from my Favorite Movie Reviewer