How to sum up this past weekend
Exhausting.
It's not that it was a bad weekend. It was actually quite a nice one. But I am basically running on empty right now. I fell asleep driving on the pike yet AGAIN this morning. Didn't I say I was going to stop doing that? My alarm went off at 6:01 a.m. today and I didn't get out of bed until 6:54 a.m. yea.... Not a good start to your day. I left the house late, got into work late, etc.
We are booking our flight to Cali today. Help.
Friday night Joel came over for movies. We watched Ocean's 11 and Ocean's 12, both of which are hilarious films. I just love them. He ended up staying until 2:30 a.m. after which I immediately fell asleep on the couch. And the night before I didn't sleep in my bed either. And then Saturday I went shopping with Sarah for karate clothes (found some after three hours of shopping) and then stayed up at their house all night again so last night was the first night in four that I slept in my own bed. After all that it finally seemed pretty comfy.
So Saturday was a success. I managed to find a couple pairs of comfy pants to wear to class and some tank tops. Though Joe said the tank tops aren't a good idea. He took me out to lunch on Sunday and asked me how many push ups I can do. Yea... How about three before I collapse? So then he says he's asking because they do sets up push ups, sit ups and jumping jacks (!!!) during each class. I think I may be dreading that even more than the actual class. Can't I get a doctor's note or something? No jumping jacks. It's not like they even do anything for you anyway.
I start today. Got a doctor's appointment first that is not going to be pleasant at all and then straight over to karate. Don't show up to class unless you're prepared to work though right? Yea, I'm so not going to be prepared after the day today.
So Saturday's shopping trip was great like I said. Sarah and I took Sadie with us. One girl asked if she was mine or Sarah's and Sarah was going to answer "ours". lol. Sadie was pretty good. She was promised an Orange Julius if she would just let her mom and I shop so she behaved for the most part. She's a great kid anyway.
We thought by the time we got home that they boys would be ready to go out to dinner, especially since we drove by Joe's street on the way back and didn't see his car parked out front. But when we got to Paul and Sarah's Joe wasn't there and Paul was sleeping. So we had to wake him up, text and call Joe a couple times, and meanwhile Sadie is saying she's "STARVING". I think she gets that from me. ;)
We ended up going out to Firehouse in Webster and I even got a few cute pictures while we were there. And then some of later that night. I'm telling you, I swear that I am not really a drinker but Joe and Sarah just bring it out in me. Not that I was drunk. I was a little tipsy. I sucked down a coconut rum thing that Sarah made for me in about 10 minutes. It tasted horrid but I was thirsty. I think it's the first time I beat the other two through the first couple drinks. But then I stopped after three. That was pretty much my limit. I just get tired after that. Paul went to bed around 1:00 and the three of us watched "Just Friends" (funny enough) and "Ice Age" (always hilarious) which I fell asleep through most of it. At least Joe finally saw where I got the expression "You're out of the herd" from.
Speaking of which.... I was out for about 4 years and my morbid curiosity makes me wonder about stuff.... When Joe took me out to lunch I asked him if Sarah ever talked about missing me and her family or whatever during the time I was "gone". He said yes but he wasn't going to talk about it. Great. I know that that is definitely something he holds over my head about my religion and stuff and I'd love to know what went on surrounding it but oh well.
Last night Joel came over and hung out for about an hour. Left the lights on in his car so my dad had to come out and jumpstart it. Kind of funny. Then Dad sat around and chatted with me for about 15 minutes about my job and the "self defense" class. ;)
Around 9 I had to go pack up some clothes for karate (dragged out my handy dandy star wars backpack too) and that of course led to reorganizing my bureau. (Okay, maybe not "of course" to some of you but to someone like me, it just directly follows.) Then I sat down and watched the rest of Runaway Bride (it's me! lol) on tv and read some of this. Then it was off to bed where L woke me up at 1 a.m. cuz she was on call for the first time and I was her back up. She did really well all weekend though. I talked to her a few times and she had some really tough calls but she did great.
J and B leave for their part of the business trip on Wednesday so the next few weeks are going to be chaotic.
It's not that it was a bad weekend. It was actually quite a nice one. But I am basically running on empty right now. I fell asleep driving on the pike yet AGAIN this morning. Didn't I say I was going to stop doing that? My alarm went off at 6:01 a.m. today and I didn't get out of bed until 6:54 a.m. yea.... Not a good start to your day. I left the house late, got into work late, etc.
We are booking our flight to Cali today. Help.
Friday night Joel came over for movies. We watched Ocean's 11 and Ocean's 12, both of which are hilarious films. I just love them. He ended up staying until 2:30 a.m. after which I immediately fell asleep on the couch. And the night before I didn't sleep in my bed either. And then Saturday I went shopping with Sarah for karate clothes (found some after three hours of shopping) and then stayed up at their house all night again so last night was the first night in four that I slept in my own bed. After all that it finally seemed pretty comfy.
So Saturday was a success. I managed to find a couple pairs of comfy pants to wear to class and some tank tops. Though Joe said the tank tops aren't a good idea. He took me out to lunch on Sunday and asked me how many push ups I can do. Yea... How about three before I collapse? So then he says he's asking because they do sets up push ups, sit ups and jumping jacks (!!!) during each class. I think I may be dreading that even more than the actual class. Can't I get a doctor's note or something? No jumping jacks. It's not like they even do anything for you anyway.
I start today. Got a doctor's appointment first that is not going to be pleasant at all and then straight over to karate. Don't show up to class unless you're prepared to work though right? Yea, I'm so not going to be prepared after the day today.
So Saturday's shopping trip was great like I said. Sarah and I took Sadie with us. One girl asked if she was mine or Sarah's and Sarah was going to answer "ours". lol. Sadie was pretty good. She was promised an Orange Julius if she would just let her mom and I shop so she behaved for the most part. She's a great kid anyway.
We thought by the time we got home that they boys would be ready to go out to dinner, especially since we drove by Joe's street on the way back and didn't see his car parked out front. But when we got to Paul and Sarah's Joe wasn't there and Paul was sleeping. So we had to wake him up, text and call Joe a couple times, and meanwhile Sadie is saying she's "STARVING". I think she gets that from me. ;)
We ended up going out to Firehouse in Webster and I even got a few cute pictures while we were there. And then some of later that night. I'm telling you, I swear that I am not really a drinker but Joe and Sarah just bring it out in me. Not that I was drunk. I was a little tipsy. I sucked down a coconut rum thing that Sarah made for me in about 10 minutes. It tasted horrid but I was thirsty. I think it's the first time I beat the other two through the first couple drinks. But then I stopped after three. That was pretty much my limit. I just get tired after that. Paul went to bed around 1:00 and the three of us watched "Just Friends" (funny enough) and "Ice Age" (always hilarious) which I fell asleep through most of it. At least Joe finally saw where I got the expression "You're out of the herd" from.
Speaking of which.... I was out for about 4 years and my morbid curiosity makes me wonder about stuff.... When Joe took me out to lunch I asked him if Sarah ever talked about missing me and her family or whatever during the time I was "gone". He said yes but he wasn't going to talk about it. Great. I know that that is definitely something he holds over my head about my religion and stuff and I'd love to know what went on surrounding it but oh well.
Last night Joel came over and hung out for about an hour. Left the lights on in his car so my dad had to come out and jumpstart it. Kind of funny. Then Dad sat around and chatted with me for about 15 minutes about my job and the "self defense" class. ;)
Around 9 I had to go pack up some clothes for karate (dragged out my handy dandy star wars backpack too) and that of course led to reorganizing my bureau. (Okay, maybe not "of course" to some of you but to someone like me, it just directly follows.) Then I sat down and watched the rest of Runaway Bride (it's me! lol) on tv and read some of this. Then it was off to bed where L woke me up at 1 a.m. cuz she was on call for the first time and I was her back up. She did really well all weekend though. I talked to her a few times and she had some really tough calls but she did great.
J and B leave for their part of the business trip on Wednesday so the next few weeks are going to be chaotic.
Comments