My mom isn't crazy
I'm shocked to discover this fact...
Let me fill in the gaps a bit. Let's see... worked my ass off today from home. I didn't even get to nap or anything. I am therefore still exhausted. Then I went to karate. I am having so much fun with that. I'm actually sad that I have to go away on my business trip and miss two classes. The one other girl who is in that class but hasn't been in like six months showed up tonight. I thought she was like a senior or something because she's out of school already but I guess she's going to be a sophomore. I really like the people in the class. Some of them seem kind of young but they are really nice. And very welcoming.
Man, karate kicked my ass tonight. I was still sore from Wednesday for some reason. And if I was sore before... Joe did the warm ups tonight and oh...my...god...Those hurt. Plus it's really great to have someone who's killing you like that say to "make sure you're smiling" while you do it. But then I learned the star block set over again and this time it stuck with me a bit. I did a few sets when I got home to make sure that I remember to Wednesday.
So I called Kirsty on my way home from class and chatted with her for a bit. Then I randomly decided to call my mom. I had missed seeing her on Saturday because it was kind of a chaotic day for me and she wasn't back by the time I was done doing laundry at their house. So I figured I owed her a call.
Wow, I haven't decided if I'm glad that I called her or not. We talked for a good hour. I told her about how up in the air I am about being reinstated as a JW... I kind of eased her into it. I didn't know how she'd take it or how much of a lecture I was in for. Turns out I wasn't in for one at all. I told her that there was no way I could ever abandon Sarah again and if they'd let me get reinstated while doing that then maybe I'd consider it more but I know that's not going to happen. She was sad of course. and she said she'd still like to me to show up to a couple meetings because she knows I've been away from it for a while.
Then we kept talking and you know how when someone asks in such a nice way if you're okay cuz they can hear in your voice that you're not? yea, she did that and I ended up telling her about some other stuff that was going on in my life recently and that wasn't anymore. And if I ever expected a lecture i was definitely expecting one right then but again the lecture didn't get there. Instead she commiserated with me and said how proud she was of me for all the decisions I'm making in my life and that I'm living on my own and making things work. She said that Sarah, Paul and Joe are like family and there shouldn't be any reason why I can't treat them like that. We talked about the whole dating thing and staying friends with people after and how hard it can be in some situations... It was so bizarre. I felt like asking what she'd done with my mom...
She's coming over tomorrow night to hang out for a bit and I find that I am really excited for her to come over. I even let it slip that it's not just a self defense course I'm taking, but that it's actually karate. So maybe I can show her some of the stuff I've learned so far. I just wish I could remember the names for things better. My instructor was standing in front of me calling out the names of the blocks and stuff and I was so lost. Or I felt so lost. He said I did well but who knows. Oh, and I ended up giving him some info on the 501st so who knows... maybe we'll have a karate/star wars event at some point. ;)
All-in-all I think it was a pretty good night. I finally took my Paxil again. Wow, I really have to remember to do that. And especially when I'm in California because I can feel the panic attacks coming on already. I think that's pretty much all I've got. I have to get to bed soon and get up early for work and hopefully have time to clean a bit before Mom comes over tomorrow night. I'm excited that she's coming for a visit. :)
Let me fill in the gaps a bit. Let's see... worked my ass off today from home. I didn't even get to nap or anything. I am therefore still exhausted. Then I went to karate. I am having so much fun with that. I'm actually sad that I have to go away on my business trip and miss two classes. The one other girl who is in that class but hasn't been in like six months showed up tonight. I thought she was like a senior or something because she's out of school already but I guess she's going to be a sophomore. I really like the people in the class. Some of them seem kind of young but they are really nice. And very welcoming.
Man, karate kicked my ass tonight. I was still sore from Wednesday for some reason. And if I was sore before... Joe did the warm ups tonight and oh...my...god...Those hurt. Plus it's really great to have someone who's killing you like that say to "make sure you're smiling" while you do it. But then I learned the star block set over again and this time it stuck with me a bit. I did a few sets when I got home to make sure that I remember to Wednesday.
So I called Kirsty on my way home from class and chatted with her for a bit. Then I randomly decided to call my mom. I had missed seeing her on Saturday because it was kind of a chaotic day for me and she wasn't back by the time I was done doing laundry at their house. So I figured I owed her a call.
Wow, I haven't decided if I'm glad that I called her or not. We talked for a good hour. I told her about how up in the air I am about being reinstated as a JW... I kind of eased her into it. I didn't know how she'd take it or how much of a lecture I was in for. Turns out I wasn't in for one at all. I told her that there was no way I could ever abandon Sarah again and if they'd let me get reinstated while doing that then maybe I'd consider it more but I know that's not going to happen. She was sad of course. and she said she'd still like to me to show up to a couple meetings because she knows I've been away from it for a while.
Then we kept talking and you know how when someone asks in such a nice way if you're okay cuz they can hear in your voice that you're not? yea, she did that and I ended up telling her about some other stuff that was going on in my life recently and that wasn't anymore. And if I ever expected a lecture i was definitely expecting one right then but again the lecture didn't get there. Instead she commiserated with me and said how proud she was of me for all the decisions I'm making in my life and that I'm living on my own and making things work. She said that Sarah, Paul and Joe are like family and there shouldn't be any reason why I can't treat them like that. We talked about the whole dating thing and staying friends with people after and how hard it can be in some situations... It was so bizarre. I felt like asking what she'd done with my mom...
She's coming over tomorrow night to hang out for a bit and I find that I am really excited for her to come over. I even let it slip that it's not just a self defense course I'm taking, but that it's actually karate. So maybe I can show her some of the stuff I've learned so far. I just wish I could remember the names for things better. My instructor was standing in front of me calling out the names of the blocks and stuff and I was so lost. Or I felt so lost. He said I did well but who knows. Oh, and I ended up giving him some info on the 501st so who knows... maybe we'll have a karate/star wars event at some point. ;)
All-in-all I think it was a pretty good night. I finally took my Paxil again. Wow, I really have to remember to do that. And especially when I'm in California because I can feel the panic attacks coming on already. I think that's pretty much all I've got. I have to get to bed soon and get up early for work and hopefully have time to clean a bit before Mom comes over tomorrow night. I'm excited that she's coming for a visit. :)
Comments