Saturday Fun
I had dinner at Nate and Kim's. What a blast. I thought I would feel like a third wheel, but you know how you can totally avoid that feeling when you are around a couple who is just so comfortable with each other? That's how they are. They are just very welcoming and laid-back and I had a really great time. Kim even said she might want to take kenpo with me which might be interesting. I think I'm going to go to a couple more classes before I ask about anyone else joining or what have you.
I left their house around nine (beautiful house, by the way) and drove out to Worcester to go the bar... diner.... club... whatever it was. What a totally random place. I don't know how I never heard about it before since there is literally a flashing sign on Grove st pointing to it... lol.
We only watched maybe one song of one of the bands, but it was still a good time. Mostly we all sat at the bar and talked, which I much prefer to more impersonal atmospheres anyway. Joel was there of course and his friend Chad and this girl Joy and their friend Bob... And this guy I was in grade school with too - Bill, and his girlfriend Lori. Lori was really cool. We ended up going to Chad's house after and watching a movie and drinking. Well, I didn't drink. had I felt more in my element I might have, but it's not necessary. I didn't get home until about 4 a.m. Insanity.
But like Kirsty said, it's not like I had the opportunity to do all this stuff when I was a teenager.
I leave for Cali in less than a week. I'm so terrified of the plane ride. At least I'll know someone out there, though. That makes it a little bit better. I think we're just going to hang out and watch movies since he has an eight hour drive back home. I'll probably be homesick after that since that's at the beginning of the trip and then I've still got four days to go. Crazy all the travelling I'll be doing on Thursday. We won't be home until 6:50 our time at night and we start flying in the morning. That sucks.
Ah, ER episodes.... I'm home sick today. Woke up feeling really awful at about 6 a.m. so I'm working from home today. I wish I could just crash but T is alone in the office for the morning so I can't leave her there working all the cases by herself.
Button and Justarius are out of their cages flying around. Cuties. They've started fighting a little bit though. I hope that I don't have to seperate them. I don't want to clean yet another bird cage. I've already got another cage now anyway... There's a story behind it.
I went to Sarah's yesterday to hang out with her and Sadie. We drove to Petco to get some bird food. Yea... Note to self - don't take Sarah to Petco with me anymore. lol. We started looking at the hampsters and rats and stuff and Sarah started saying how cool the rats at her work are so we asked the girl if we could hold a couple. Well, I held this cute little white female baby rat. So sweet. She just sat there with me for a few minutes until I told the lady I'd take her. Then we had fun with Sadie running around and getting supplies and stuff. Went back to Sarah's and Paul and Joe were there. So we set up the cage and got some ribbing for buying a rat... Then we all watched Swordfish together. I hadn't seen that one yet. Joe ended up leaving at some point and I stayed until 1 or so talking with Sarah and Paul. I shouldn't have stayed that late, but it was good to spend time with them.
Well, back to work I guess. Gosh, I wish I had food in this house. I'm living worse than a bachelor. I don't even have milk to make mac and cheese. Dunkin' Donuts it is. And then later... off to karate. Help. I'm still so sore.
I left their house around nine (beautiful house, by the way) and drove out to Worcester to go the bar... diner.... club... whatever it was. What a totally random place. I don't know how I never heard about it before since there is literally a flashing sign on Grove st pointing to it... lol.
We only watched maybe one song of one of the bands, but it was still a good time. Mostly we all sat at the bar and talked, which I much prefer to more impersonal atmospheres anyway. Joel was there of course and his friend Chad and this girl Joy and their friend Bob... And this guy I was in grade school with too - Bill, and his girlfriend Lori. Lori was really cool. We ended up going to Chad's house after and watching a movie and drinking. Well, I didn't drink. had I felt more in my element I might have, but it's not necessary. I didn't get home until about 4 a.m. Insanity.
But like Kirsty said, it's not like I had the opportunity to do all this stuff when I was a teenager.
I leave for Cali in less than a week. I'm so terrified of the plane ride. At least I'll know someone out there, though. That makes it a little bit better. I think we're just going to hang out and watch movies since he has an eight hour drive back home. I'll probably be homesick after that since that's at the beginning of the trip and then I've still got four days to go. Crazy all the travelling I'll be doing on Thursday. We won't be home until 6:50 our time at night and we start flying in the morning. That sucks.
Ah, ER episodes.... I'm home sick today. Woke up feeling really awful at about 6 a.m. so I'm working from home today. I wish I could just crash but T is alone in the office for the morning so I can't leave her there working all the cases by herself.
Button and Justarius are out of their cages flying around. Cuties. They've started fighting a little bit though. I hope that I don't have to seperate them. I don't want to clean yet another bird cage. I've already got another cage now anyway... There's a story behind it.
I went to Sarah's yesterday to hang out with her and Sadie. We drove to Petco to get some bird food. Yea... Note to self - don't take Sarah to Petco with me anymore. lol. We started looking at the hampsters and rats and stuff and Sarah started saying how cool the rats at her work are so we asked the girl if we could hold a couple. Well, I held this cute little white female baby rat. So sweet. She just sat there with me for a few minutes until I told the lady I'd take her. Then we had fun with Sadie running around and getting supplies and stuff. Went back to Sarah's and Paul and Joe were there. So we set up the cage and got some ribbing for buying a rat... Then we all watched Swordfish together. I hadn't seen that one yet. Joe ended up leaving at some point and I stayed until 1 or so talking with Sarah and Paul. I shouldn't have stayed that late, but it was good to spend time with them.
Well, back to work I guess. Gosh, I wish I had food in this house. I'm living worse than a bachelor. I don't even have milk to make mac and cheese. Dunkin' Donuts it is. And then later... off to karate. Help. I'm still so sore.
Comments