All Things in Time
I got an early start on Saturday by staying up until midnight cleaning Friday night and then just continuing to stay up and watch mindless television and chat to friends on the phone and IM. I thought it would be pointless to go to bed since I was going to get up at 4 a.m. anyway. So I showered and stuff eventually and then got in my car for about 4:25 a.m. and headed over to Sarah and Paul's beccause I had Paul burn a couple CDs for me and he was going to leave them in the mailbox. Turns out he didn't put them out there until 5:30 because he thought that would be early enough. and it would have been if I weren't crazy.
I drove on to Boston from there. Took the Ted Williams Tunnel and everything. Under the water. And it didn't collapse. I was so glad. I got to the airport for about 6 a.m. and proceeded to wait in the terminal for two hours. I read a bit of Coraline and talked to Paul on the phone for a bit. Seth's flight showed up right on time - 7:50 and I met him down in the baggage claim. I lost my new favorite sweatshirt down there. :(
Then we headed for home. I won't go into boring day by day details for you all but basically we just hung out a lot. We did a lot of running around to hang out with friends and family. We went to Ralph's on Saturday and saw an awesome ska band, we watched The Notebook (seth fell asleep halfway through), we hung out with Sarah, Paul, Sadie and Joe (which was really great), and we even had dinner with my parents and also Eric (I randomly invited him since I figured he and Seth had the whole marines thing in common). I got my mom an ice cream cake for her graduation with her masters. That was fun. Oh, and we even had time to take Pixel swimming down at the right-of-way at my parents' house. I hadn't been swimming in our lake in a while.
The weekend was entirely too short and before I knew it, I was driving him back to Logan airport. Traffic wasn't bad considering it was the fourth of July. I made it back home and didn't even get any on-call calls. then I went out to dinner later in the evening with a friend of mine and we hung out on the WPI campus for a bit which was actually very cool.
Back at work now and ready for the weekend already. Isn't that always the case?
Seth will be back here the last week of July. He's got a tour of WSC to go on and also an interview with one of the counselors. Hopefully he can find a job out here. I think Paul and Sarah liked him, which is good since they're in charge of all my relationship decisions. ;)
So he'll be out here in a couple weeks again and then in September I'm hoping to do a cross country trip with him. I'll just have to have a working vacation in July. Though there are two whole months between the July vaca and the September one. But I don't want to take too much time off so I'm going to keep my on-call in July and maybe work one or two days from home as well. Then in September when he gets out of the marines I'll fly out and meet him in Washington to spend a few days with his family and then we'll make a record breaking speed trip back to Massachusetts from there. I want to be able to go to Kimmy's wedding on the 30th so we are going to try to make the drive in four days. With two of us driving, it shouldn't be bad.
I'm really looking forward to that. Ever since I can remember, I knew that my parents went cross country on their honeymoon and I've always wanted to do it. there won't be much sightseeing this time around but maybe we can do it again some other time.
I drove on to Boston from there. Took the Ted Williams Tunnel and everything. Under the water. And it didn't collapse. I was so glad. I got to the airport for about 6 a.m. and proceeded to wait in the terminal for two hours. I read a bit of Coraline and talked to Paul on the phone for a bit. Seth's flight showed up right on time - 7:50 and I met him down in the baggage claim. I lost my new favorite sweatshirt down there. :(
Then we headed for home. I won't go into boring day by day details for you all but basically we just hung out a lot. We did a lot of running around to hang out with friends and family. We went to Ralph's on Saturday and saw an awesome ska band, we watched The Notebook (seth fell asleep halfway through), we hung out with Sarah, Paul, Sadie and Joe (which was really great), and we even had dinner with my parents and also Eric (I randomly invited him since I figured he and Seth had the whole marines thing in common). I got my mom an ice cream cake for her graduation with her masters. That was fun. Oh, and we even had time to take Pixel swimming down at the right-of-way at my parents' house. I hadn't been swimming in our lake in a while.
The weekend was entirely too short and before I knew it, I was driving him back to Logan airport. Traffic wasn't bad considering it was the fourth of July. I made it back home and didn't even get any on-call calls. then I went out to dinner later in the evening with a friend of mine and we hung out on the WPI campus for a bit which was actually very cool.
Back at work now and ready for the weekend already. Isn't that always the case?
Seth will be back here the last week of July. He's got a tour of WSC to go on and also an interview with one of the counselors. Hopefully he can find a job out here. I think Paul and Sarah liked him, which is good since they're in charge of all my relationship decisions. ;)
So he'll be out here in a couple weeks again and then in September I'm hoping to do a cross country trip with him. I'll just have to have a working vacation in July. Though there are two whole months between the July vaca and the September one. But I don't want to take too much time off so I'm going to keep my on-call in July and maybe work one or two days from home as well. Then in September when he gets out of the marines I'll fly out and meet him in Washington to spend a few days with his family and then we'll make a record breaking speed trip back to Massachusetts from there. I want to be able to go to Kimmy's wedding on the 30th so we are going to try to make the drive in four days. With two of us driving, it shouldn't be bad.
I'm really looking forward to that. Ever since I can remember, I knew that my parents went cross country on their honeymoon and I've always wanted to do it. there won't be much sightseeing this time around but maybe we can do it again some other time.
Comments